Can you hide movies with a short duration?
I have a whole bunch of folder with movies in them but alot of those movies are accompanied by extra's such as trailers and interviews, and when I scan for new movies in XBMC 12, those extra's will show up in my movie library. I want them gone or hidden without removing or moving them from my hard drive.

The easiest way to hide them in XBMC would be to use a filter by duration, so I could hide movies that are for instance shorter than 60 minutes. Or maybe some other approach can solve this. What are my options for tackling this?
How are the files named? Any consistency?

There's an excludefromscan tag you can use in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) that can ignore files based on regular expressions.

For example, an advancedsettings.xml containing:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <excludefromscan action="append">
      <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
    </excludefromscan>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
would ignore any files contained in an "extras" folder with the movie.
I'm afraid there is no consistency at all, but I suppose using your method I could exclude a bunch of files names including 'trailer', 'deleted', 'introduction', etc. It's a start, so thanks for the suggestion. I would prefer some form of filtering in the UI though.
This is exactly what I was looking for .. Usually I get extra folder , subtitle folder and sample folder. How would we add these to the script? Greatly appreciate it.
What i've always done in this situation is just move those files into separate folders - "Deleted Scenes" "Extras" etc, etc and when I add their directory, I mark to exclude them from library scans and just load them via the File browser when I want to see them.
Get a copy of anyDVD, you can rip films with an option of "remove anoying titles" less than X mins. Gets rid of all the rubbish disney trailers etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can you hide movies with a short duration?0