[RELEASE] Categories - Add your addons to categories
Not sure of skin or plugin related (as just updated both) but currently all categories default to thumbnail view (not list view as previously) and catagories don't remember their own view settings when manually changed to list view.

Cheers Smile
(2013-03-06, 13:07)PatrickBateman Wrote: Not sure of skin or plugin related (as just updated both) but currently all categories default to thumbnail view (not list view as previously) and catagories don't remember their own view settings when manually changed to list view.

Cheers Smile
You can deactivate this behavior via the add-on settings: "Force View"
If you always want the same view in my addons, you can select this setting! So you dont have to do it manually in all folders.
500 is the thumbnail ViewID in most skins...

Is tvcatchup now working with v1.0.8 / 2.0.8 ?
I could have swore a wrote a post stating that the new update hadn't fixed tvcatchup Big Grin I'm loosing my marbles....

So here we go Smile
No, as of yet the current fixes haven't fixed the issue with TVCatchup, you can highlight the p,ugin, select the plugin, but nothing happens when you attempt to load it, no error, no crash, no loading screens... No nothing Sad

I've sorted the list view though lol, so thanks for that, much better now Smile

Hopefully this bug with certain plugins can be ironed out, not a deal breaker for me, only a mild annoyance Smile
Hi,

So I've been testing random plugins to try and find others that dont work with catagorys. So far I have found these 2 but will post more ASAP.

TVCatchup
Sports Devil

More to follow when I get a chance..
Hope that helps
Pat

Edit:
Video Devil
Free Cable
Exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks a lot AddonScriptorDE.

Unfortunately it does not work with quite a few addons.
As reported Sports Devil does not work...
Youtube did not work either for me.
(2013-03-21, 10:19)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hi,

So I've been testing random plugins to try and find others that dont work with catagorys. So far I have found these 2 but will post more ASAP.

TVCatchup
Sports Devil

More to follow when I get a chance..
Hope that helps
Pat

Edit:
Video Devil
Free Cable
(2013-03-23, 22:54)sfpx Wrote: Exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks a lot AddonScriptorDE.

Unfortunately it does not work with quite a few addons.
As reported Sports Devil does not work...
Youtube did not work either for me.

Thank you both for reporting this! Smile
I fixed some bugs (2 seperated problems with not working addons)...
The update is available via my testing repo. Please give me some feedback if all addons are working now - So i can add this version to the xbmc.org repo!
On it,

Will test and report back...

Cheers for fixing this,
Much appreciated Nod
(2013-03-29, 16:22)PatrickBateman Wrote: On it,

Will test and report back...

Cheers for fixing this,
Much appreciated Nod
Hey,
any news on this?
Hey,
I'm having no major issues, it's been working well so far for me.

The only "bug" I experience is (and this could be an xbmc thing) when adding "Catagories" to favourites and then setting "Catagories" as a custom tile, it doesn't seem to update correctly..

For example.
Let's say I have x amount of catagories with x amount of addons...
Then add "categories" to favourites
Then add that favourite to a custom tile (on home screen)
Then launch the custom tile

All seems well...
However, if I add new/more addons or catagories to "catagories" ... when I re-enter the addon it displays the original x amount of catagories and x amount of addons and not the new updates I added.
Does that make sense?

My only other concern is labels...
Some addons are presumably labeled as audio and video (iPlayer etc) ... So when I add this type of plugin to one of my video catagorys say under "TV" it then shows up in my music section, in a catagory called "TV"? A catagory I have not made, nor any use for in my music section.

This tv "label" isn't displayed in the music Section options (as I never created it in that section, it was pulled from the video section).

This causes issues where upon, I then have to re-add the iPlayer addon to another caagory such as "radio" (which i create manually) in the music section...

This thn means I now have iPlayer in 2 sections of the same category but under different labels, one of which isn't actually a label for that section at ll and is in fact, pulled in from the video section label..

Now, the overll function isnt an issue, but what I would like to do is be able to have that "pulled" catagory show up in the music section options, AND allow me to edit the title STRICTLY for the music section.

This is very hard o explain so I hope it makes sense, but basically:
Start ith a clean install,
Add iPlayer to a video catagory (let's call it streaming video)
Exit

Now go to music section,
enter category's
A label has appeared called streaming video?... In this section is the iPlayer app from the video section.

.. Now I'm ok with that, IF I can change the name of the label WITHOUT it affecting the previous video catagory (i dont need/want a streaming video section in my music section as iplayer would be used as a radio app in this section) AND if the label actually shows up under the music settings options (where catagorys are listed) within the apps settings :ad

Phew..
There was a few other things, but I'm not sure even this is clear enough to make sense of so I'll leave it there for now Big Grin

Other than that it's an awesome app, I use it full time! But it's not user friendly as is and will cause problems with user confusion the way it currently works.

Hope that helps
Pat
Thanks for your feedback! Smile
I will have a look at your problems and will try to understand them when i have some more time...
So, except for your "new" problems, all addons (tvcatchup, sportsdevil, free cable, ...) are working now?
Yea, those plugins now work and i dont think i encountered any further plugins that didnt work, however, the labelling problems will undoubtably cause some grief to those who just want/expect it to work. Its a bit of a headache as it can mean having to re-do many categorys and plugins when it mixes them up Sad
(2013-04-13, 11:42)PatrickBateman Wrote: Yea, those plugins now work and i dont think i encountered any further plugins that didnt work
Good news! Smile

(2013-04-13, 11:42)PatrickBateman Wrote: however, the labelling problems will undoubtably cause some grief to those who just want/expect it to work. Its a bit of a headache as it can mean having to re-do many categorys and plugins when it mixes them up Sad
Sure, you reported this bug 12 hours ago, so give me some time to look at it! Wink
I have not much time this weekend (and have to finish another addon) - So i think i will try to fix this next week...
And i think most people only use it for video addons, because they dont have a huge collection of image/audio addons.
The may be an XBMC question rather than a question specific to the Addon Categories plugin, but is there a spot that I can store jpegs to create thumbnails for the categories? If so, where?

It would be cool if we gathered pics for you for some of the most common categories people wanted and you pre-populated the addon with these categories names and thumbnails. Quick start options with customization alternatives is always great.

Great plugin -- thanks. I have added it to my homepage shortcuts.

Cheers, Bill.
Great work, running up Frodo test before movie my main system over. I am having problems adding some items to categories as they are in my Favourites but are not listed in Categories. Items like RT news, BBC News and is there anyway to get programs in there?
(2013-06-24, 01:36)WmPitcher Wrote: The may be an XBMC question rather than a question specific to the Addon Categories plugin, but is there a spot that I can store jpegs to create thumbnails for the categories? If so, where?
Not yet, but i can implement a way to use thumbs for categories in the next version...

(2013-06-24, 01:36)WmPitcher Wrote: It would be cool if we gathered pics for you for some of the most common categories people wanted and you pre-populated the addon with these categories names and thumbnails. Quick start options with customization alternatives is always great.
Good idea - but the problem with pre-populated categories is the language. But i can add some english ones - Should be okay for most users...
If someone posts some nice (self created / free) thumbs for most popular categories, i can include them.

(2013-07-04, 03:13)genie Wrote: Great work, running up Frodo test before movie my main system over. I am having problems adding some items to categories as they are in my Favourites but are not listed in Categories. Items like RT news, BBC News
You can only add addons to categories - not every favourite entry (stream/folder/...).
Try SimplePlaylists for that purpose.

(2013-07-04, 03:13)genie Wrote: and is there anyway to get programs in there?
Currently only video/audio/image addons. Are you using so many programs that it would be useful?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Categories - Add your addons to categories7