[RELEASE] Categories - Add your addons to categories
Hi,

First of all, I want to say thank you for this great addon.

I have a request, and I don't know if this is possible or not: "Add Favorites to categories"!
The idea of addons categories is brilliant, so I thought that making the same thing with favorites will be awesome.

Thanks and keep up the good workSmile
(2013-08-11, 03:19)o007 Wrote: Hi,

I have a request, and I don't know if this is possible or not: "Add Favorites to categories"!
The idea of addons categories is brilliant, so I thought that making the same thing with favorites will be awesome.

This addon is for adding addons only, but you can use SimplePlaylists for adding items to playlists/categories...
(2013-08-11, 22:12)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:

This addon is for adding addons only, but you can use SimplePlaylists for adding items to playlists/categories...

But simpleplaylists doesnt work, still after 2 months.
(2013-10-21, 12:05)hstegeman Wrote:
(2013-08-11, 22:12)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:

But simpleplaylists doesnt work, still after 2 months.
Sorry, as i wrote, i was very busy. Seems that it was a specific problem because it worked for me on different systems and also no one else mentioned your problem.
I now worked on your problem and changed what caused it.
v2.1.0:
- New icon (thx@djtoll)
- Changed name to "Categories"
- Changed content type to "addons"
- Added support for category thumbs
is there anyway of having a category that can accept video addons and audio addons and picture addons?
(2013-11-13, 23:42)thebearnecessit Wrote: is there anyway of having a category that can accept video addons and audio addons and picture addons?
You can use a category with the same name, but the content is displayed/handled seperately:
If you start "Categories" via Videos -> Addons, of course you only see your video addons.
(2013-11-14, 00:57)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 23:42)thebearnecessit Wrote: is there anyway of having a category that can accept video addons and audio addons and picture addons?
You can use a category with the same name, but the content is displayed/handled seperately:
If you start "Categories" via Videos -> Addons, of course you only see your video addons.

I was hoping i might be able to have a category that was for all my favourite addons including video, audio and picture addons. just to confirm, that's not possible?

many thanks for all your work on this by the way. i have a few categories already integrated onto my xbmc home screen so appreciating your work Smile
(2013-11-14, 02:44)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 00:57)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
I was hoping i might be able to have a category that was for all my favourite addons including video, audio and picture addons. just to confirm, that's not possible?
No, sorry! Not possible right now. It should be possible to modify the addon.

You could solve this by using SimplePlaylists - then you could add addons with different content types to one folder/playlist.
But it seems you are having problems with keymapping on android...
(2013-11-15, 00:26)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 02:44)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 00:57)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: You can use a category with the same name, but the content is displayed/handled seperately:
No, sorry! Not possible right now. It should be possible to modify the addon.

You could solve this by using SimplePlaylists - then you could add addons with different content types to one folder/playlist.
But it seems you are having problems with keymapping on android...

thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate it Smile
(2013-11-13, 01:17)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v2.1.0:
- New icon (thx@djtoll)
- Changed name to "Categories"
- Changed content type to "addons"
- Added support for category thumbs

Can someone help a newbie on methods/procedures for making custom thumbs for categories instead of the default folder thumbnail image?

Thanks.
Thank you so much for creating this awesome tool. It work great with Frodo 12.3 but with Gotham 13.0, when I click on video's Catergory shortcut on home screen, it lead to the regular video addons list instead Could you fix it, thanks.
Update Infos: It working great with Gotham v13.1 now except the Category's Icon on the home screen shortcut is not showing, only the word "Category" below the supposed icon is still visible and when I click on the blank spot where the icon used to be, above the word "Category", it still work wonderful as usual. Also when I try to rename/remove any of my created sub menu of the Category, it just does nothing. It still give me options but after clicking OK to remove/rename, the sub menu still remain there. I've tried to uninstall the Category and even the Xbmc program itself but as soon as I re-install them, it still show my old created sub menu, there is no way to get rid of it. Just want to keep you inform & thanks :-)
Tested and currently unable to add channels to catagorys in 13.1 Sad

Edit posted in wrong tab Big Grin this was meant as an update to youtube channels by addon scripter Big Grin
For users of this addon theres another addon that does this but has so much more breadth like ALOT MORE
check out this thread
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192662

not only organising addons but can organise folders within addons. not possible with Categories
I tried that add-on out recently, but it's not as user friendly and/simple as category's and has some funk display issues.. It was displaying the name of my favourites twice, it's mentioned in the thread that this is by design, but I found it a tad confusing.

Category's is sweet, but has a few issues (perhaps Gotham related) I'd like to see YouTube channels updated though, as I can't add new channels to that Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Categories - Add your addons to categories7