Bug frodo movie fanart missing when returning to library after playback (mysql)
Combined with the fact that we have silly code, yes Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So will it be fixed/improved with Gotham? I also have this issue since Frodo, never hat any problems like that on Eden. I already described the issue here in Beta3 but never got a reply.
So will it be fixed/improved with Gotham? I also have this issue since Frodo, never hat any problems like that on Eden. I already described the issue here in Beta3 but never got a reply.
I don't know how bug reports are handled in xbmc anymore. Most of my bug reports on trac don't get replies or updates from the devs even though the bugs are confirmed by others as affecting many users. I hope they are still worked on, but just quietly
Well, i already stated the issue on beta3 and it seems like "if noone cares, we give a shit". So i'll keep asking until a team member gets off ones' high horse and replies to my question. I know that Eden and under was a totally different way of showing thumbs and stuff, but it was working close to perfect from my view on. On Frodo, you're fucked when using a MySQL db on not so fast devices. Without an external script like texture cache which preload all the images it is not that funny on Rasp or ATV2 for example.
We've plainly stated multiple times that MySQL is being depreciated. No one wants to work on it anymore when they'd rather spend their time working on things that will replace it. Any bug fixes for MySQL are going to be few and far between.

It has nothing to do with anyone being on their "high horse". It's just not a feature that any of these volunteers want to spend their time on. If someone does want to take a crack at it, by all means, go for it. I'm no programmer myself, so I can't help you guys out either. I don't blame the developers for that, though.
Thank you for your reply. I already noticed that MySQL will be depreciated in the future, but i did not know that this will happen in Gotham.
It's not being removed in Gotham, but there weren't a lot of people interested in maintaining it even when it was added. A few MySQL-related bugs have actually been fixed in Gotham, to my surprise. I just wouldn't hold my breath for them.
Sad to see that this issue still exists in Gotham nightlies.
Bump..i believe i have this problem as well...was this ever fixed?
I'm having this same issue with Isengard on a 2015 Philips Android TV.

It's not mysql related, since I use a local database.
Followup: I also have an Android stick, and are also seeing it there too sometimes. It's rarely though - definitely not as much as on the Philips. The difference between them is that the Philips has a dual-core in it, while the stick has a quad-core. Memory is the same. What I do notice on them, is that when loading the movie library on the Philips, the SD/HD flags are appearing much more slowly than on the stick. So IMO, it's probably a timing issue, thus making it more noticeable on slower hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
frodo movie fanart missing when returning to library after playback (mysql)0