Passthrough output device "Error- no devices found"
I tried to troubleshoot with the post related to frodo. But I still can't get it sorted out.

System:
Windows 7 64 bit
ATI HD 7750

No matter what I change within control panel or xbmc, the passthrough output device always has the message "Error- no devices found." I can't get the sound to output through HDMI to my Samsung TV. I didn't have this problem with EDEN. It plays fine on my laptop speakers and headphones with "Directsound speakers- speakers and headphones" and "WASAPI speakers- speakers and headphones."

Any suggestions to resolve this issue? Thank you.
Make sure your AMD driver is update from here- AMD Driver Autodetect. You're falling into this category- AMD to LEDTV via HDMI...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-02-04, 02:44)libai8268 Wrote: I tried to troubleshoot with the post related to frodo. But I still can't get it sorted out.

System:
Windows 7 64 bit
ATI HD 7750

No matter what I change within control panel or xbmc, the passthrough output device always has the message "Error- no devices found." I can't get the sound to output through HDMI to my Samsung TV. I didn't have this problem with EDEN. It plays fine on my laptop speakers and headphones with "Directsound speakers- speakers and headphones" and "WASAPI speakers- speakers and headphones."

Any suggestions to resolve this issue? Thank you.
You won't be passthrough working via HDMI to a TV as the only thing the TV will likely accept to stereo PCM, and LPCM uses the Audio Output Device, the Passthrough Output Device is only for passing formats like AC3 & DTS which your TV won't be capable of accepting on a HDMI input.

To keep things simple set:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker Configuration: 2.0
Audio Output Device: HDMI (either Directsound or WASAPI won't really make a great deal of difference for sound played back on TV speakers)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough output device "Error- no devices found"0