Android Any interest in an Android-remote that reads the library from MySQL?
I have three XBMC instances at my home (one PC and two Raspberry Pi's) that share a single library on MySQL. I am working on an Android app that, with the help of a few PHP-scripts on the same NAS that hosts the MySQL database, connects to this database.

Using this approach I don't have to refresh the internal databases on my phone for multiple instances. Once I select a file to play, the app will ask on which XBMC-host to play it. To browse the library, I don't have to worry about the XBMC-host to be up.

Right now I am building the app with a lot of settings hardcoded (the server that hosts the MySQL-database for instance). If there is enough interest in this app I could make it better configurable and with a better UI.

The biggest downside for my solution is the fact that some scripts have to be placed on a webserver.

So, please post here if you would like an app like this Smile
Yatse already has a feature nearly similar to that. It does not directly talk to the mysql server, but you can chosse, that the database is the same for all your instances.
(2013-02-04, 13:32)LAW-Mastermind Wrote: Yatse already has a feature nearly similar to that. It does not directly talk to the mysql server, but you can chosse, that the database is the same for all your instances.

Correct, but Yatse still requires you to manually refresh the database to update the watched-status on the phone. My app queries the mysql-database on every pageview, so all information is correct.
What kind of scripts would be requires to be installed on the NAS (currently using a Synology)?
(2013-02-05, 17:20)DigitalAnvil Wrote: What kind of scripts would be requires to be installed on the NAS (currently using a Synology)?

I use a synology as well Smile

The scripts that need to be installed are reading the database and sending the data to the Andrid-app. Android can't connect the database directly, there has to be some kind of webservice in the middle.
Nice, that would be awesome and will probably load a lot faster as it will be accessing the DB directly.

(I know this is jumping the gun a bit... but since you'll be accessing both the XBMC client and the mySQL DB directly as well using a webserver and php scripts....... I'm guessing you'd be able to implement something like this as well: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153126 *fingers crossed* :-) )
(2013-02-05, 20:06)DigitalAnvil Wrote: Nice, that would be awesome and will probably load a lot faster as it will be accessing the DB directly.

(I know this is jumping the gun a bit... but since you'll be accessing both the XBMC client and the mySQL DB directly as well using a webserver and php scripts....... I'm guessing you'd be able to implement something like this as well: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153126 *fingers crossed* :-) )

sounds cool... I'll keep it in mind and see if I can incorporate something like that Smile
For your information, i've just published a version of my app that's doing MySQL queries for XBMC playlist

see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180654

Richard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any interest in an Android-remote that reads the library from MySQL?0