OS X After Upgrading to Frodo, Videos don't play right
Everything was working fine, but after I upgraded to Frodo from Eden 1/2 the time when i play videos, the screen is black, sound playing, and i see a partial waiting to load circle in the center. I dont have a crash report, because xbmc doesn't crash, the video i can hear plays fine behind this black screen. If i force quit, it briefly plays 1-3 seconds of the video perfectly before disappearing.
http://pastebin.com/fj0Rk35A
paste of xbmc.org
osx 10.7
trying to view videos from 1channel 1.0.1

arch: x86_64
1. deactivate script.tv.show.next.aired it spams the log badly because it seems incompatible with frodo
2. Enable debug under system->system->debugging and post a new log
3. We don't support 1channel...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-02-04, 10:36)ZeroTonight Wrote: Everything was working fine, but after I upgraded to Frodo from Eden 1/2 the time when i play videos, the screen is black, sound playing, and i see a partial waiting to load circle in the center. I dont have a crash report, because xbmc doesn't crash, the video i can hear plays fine behind this black screen. If i force quit, it briefly plays 1-3 seconds of the video perfectly before disappearing.
Is it always the same videos that work and don't work ?

This sounds like a problem I was having in Eden, so it may still exist in Frodo.

When I first installed Eden on my PC roughly half my videos would not play, I'd get a black screen with just the progress spinner in the bottom right corner displayed (but frozen) and the audio of the movie would be playing, I'd then have to end task the whole app. It was always the same videos that had trouble, including some playing via Add-ons.

It turned out to be a bug with "Adjust display rate to match video" - if that is enabled, depending on your output device (s-video in my case) it will sometimes try to switch the display into a refresh rate that matches the video file but the display doesn't support thus the blank screen.

In Frodo the same setting is System -> Video -> Playback -> "Adjust display refresh rate to match video".

Where is the bug you ask ? The bug is that the GUI after a fresh install says that the setting is off, but in fact it is ON. To fix the problem I had to turn the setting ON in the GUI and then back OFF again, then it was really off and all my videos started playing properly and I never had the problem again.

I don't know if this GUI bug is still there in Frodo but I would suggest try turning the above setting on, exit from the settings menu (or perhaps even the whole program) then go back in and turn it off again. See if that helps...
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
My apologies, i know you don't support 1channel, it was streaming from any video source other than local, which made me think it isn't 1channel. I will head to their forums to try this, as well as do the above.
(2013-02-04, 17:18)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 10:36)ZeroTonight Wrote: Everything was working fine, but after I upgraded to Frodo from Eden 1/2 the time when i play videos, the screen is black, sound playing, and i see a partial waiting to load circle in the center. I dont have a crash report, because xbmc doesn't crash, the video i can hear plays fine behind this black screen. If i force quit, it briefly plays 1-3 seconds of the video perfectly before disappearing.

In Frodo the same setting is System -> Video -> Playback -> "Adjust display refresh rate to match video".

Where is the bug you ask ? The bug is that the GUI after a fresh install says that the setting is off, but in fact it is ON. To fix the problem I had to turn the setting ON in the GUI and then back OFF again, then it was really off and all my videos started playing properly and I never had the problem again.

I don't know if this GUI bug is still there in Frodo but I would suggest try turning the above setting on, exit from the settings menu (or perhaps even the whole program) then go back in and turn it off again. See if that helps...

Great catch. I hit this exact bug. I set, unset, and it didn't work. I set, unset, rebot, it worked. Clean answer! Thank you!
Want to say that I had the same problem upgrading Eden to Frodo. Some of my movies all of a sudden would give me a black screen or a frozen screen (while audio continued to play in background). Never had problems with the movies in Eden but same ones in Frodo exhibited this problem. After setting and unsetting the option as mentioned above the problem went away.

Nice find guys.
I have a similar issue with my windows box. After hitting play it freeze s I can see where it was saying working and my background. I can heard the video playing but after a while it fixes itself. Its really annoying. What do I do? I checked my settings the refresh rate thing is not checked......ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After Upgrading to Frodo, Videos don't play right0