Android Library acces from the Internet / VPN
Couldn't find any topic on this one.

I have XBMC installed on my Samsung S2 (android).
My movies (library) etc are on my home installed NAS (synology).
When i'm @Home i can acces all my movies over my own network.

But how can i acces my Network if for instance i'm somewhere else?

I've build a VPN to acces my home-network on the NAS.
So when VPN enabled on my phone, i can acces my complete network. (see and acces my NAS, PC and router with the internal IP)
But for some reason when i'm not home and VPN is enabled on my phone and i start XBMC on my android
it doesnt have acces to my smb locations.
It just says that path isnt found.

Im all new in this and learning, but for what i think is that with VPN enabled, it thinks im on my own network whereever i am.
So what am i missing here?
Why does XBMC doesnt seem to find my shared paths (smb) when VPN thinks im on my own network?
hmmm, nobody? Sad
I have exactly the same problem. Anyone has the solution??
Thanks for your help.

I have the exact same problem.

Anybody has the solution?

Thank you.
Even if you solve the path issue, it's unlikely that XBMC will play the videos well over VPN. At least that's been my experience. However, if you're using a mid-level or better Synology NAS, I've found it plays quite NICELY over VPN (or just a router enabled open port) via their Video Station/DS Video app combo.

I've even side-loaded DS VIdeo on my Fire TV and had great success with remote viewing my video library, though for local viewing, I still greatly prefer XBMC.
IT should be possible, but the speed may be a major issue….

You may want to look into other networking formats to setup for your phone. I am not sure, but I think xbmc can use a variety of network types as sources and one may work for you...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library acces from the Internet / VPN0