Win Playback stutter after some minutes.
You are not alone, I have the same problem with Frodo Smile I try everything to fix, but no go, so I give up and go back to Eden and the problem disappears.
I have been having a very similar problem. Playback intermittently stops/pauses then either continues after a few seconds or exits the video back to the previous menu.

My setup consists of:

Server running windows 7, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard & Flexraid. This is hardwired to my Router running DDWRT. (router is not Gbit)

HTPC running windows 8. AMD A8, 4gb Ram running at 1866mhz & a 60gb M4 SSD. This is wired into a Gigabit powerline adapter with the paired adapter wired into the router.

Now, I have been having several problems with my windows 8 PC not being able to access my server shares temporarily, discussed here: Eight Forums

I ended up Mapping the drive and that seemed to fix it.

I use SMB for my library as I would like to use mySQL eventually.

Here is a link to my debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11132

I don't ever remember playback freezing before mapping the drive and playback seems fine playing wirelessly on my windows 7 Laptop. Which leads me to thinking it probably has something to do with windows 8 or more likely the powerline.

Would really appreciate some input on this.
On my case it must have been an addon.
Reinstalling XBMC from scratch proved that.

Try making a fresh installation in another location to pinpoint the problem.

Except if there is a safe mode option I am not aware of.
Hi
I have the same problem, but video drop (stopped for 0.5s) and play again, audi is ok,
I5, 8GRam, radeon 3850, external amplifier, audio via hdmi or toslink.
Eny file was do this, mkv, avi..
WTF?
I have rusberry pi too,works fine.

Eny sugestion?
Thanks Saxtus!

I did a clean install with no add ons, apart from universal movie scraper.

Watched 4hrs 30mins of content SD & HD 720p without a single Hang/Pause/Freeze. Now I'm not saying its completely fixed just yet! I've been troubleshooting PCs for too long to believe it could be that easy!!! but early indications are very good!

I will post back in a few days, to update anyone interested if this fix works long term.

The ADD-ONs I previously had installed were: Missing Movie Scanner & Sports Devil.

Would love to get them back at some stage but not at the cost of smooth playback.... no way!

Thanks again & fingers crossed this stays solved!
It would be so easy to detect the cause (at least in my case) if there was a way to boot XBMC in some sort of "safe mode" like in Firefox browser, without addons.

I hope you can easily find the offending addon and have your configuration back and ready in no-time!
If add-on's are responsible then it would be a good idea for people to list what add-on's they have. Ideally remove them all then add them back one at a time, leaving a stability period between each install, to see if the audio issues can be isolated down to specific add-ons.
Out of interest, which ADD-ONS did you have installed Saxtus?

As said in previous post, I was running "Missing Movie Scanner" & "Sports Devil"
I have a feeling that Sports Devil might be the culprit. Had quite a few crashes when using it with Frodo.

I'm gonna give it a week without ADD-ONS then introduce MMS for a week, then SD for a week.

I will post my findings here because without this forum I'd be up turd creek without a paddle!
I was leaning more towards "Missing Movie Scanner", don't know anything about it but could that be doing a scan in the background tying up resourcesHuh
Unfortunately I can't tell you what addon was causing my issue because whatever it was, must have been updated to a newer non-buggy version and my problem gone without losing any functionality...
(2013-04-12, 16:24)jjd-uk Wrote: I was leaning more towards "Missing Movie Scanner", don't know anything about it but could that be doing a scan in the background tying up resourcesHuh

It basically scans your library and tells you which files haven't be scraped (usually down to badly named file). Discussed Here.

Only runs on demand as far as I know.

Noticed on this post that you can now find this info in the xbmc.log file. So may not even need it anymore.
Hi people,

Reporting back after a weekend of use and unfortunately the pause/freeze/buffer has resurfaced.

Still using it without add-ons. It doesn't seem to happen as often and sometimes not at all. For instance, Me and my brother were both playing 720p films simultaneously without an issue. (me through xbmc - he was using vlc). His PC & the Server are hardwired and running on Win7. My HTPC is wired using powerline adapters and runs Win8. On a side note my Bro has never experienced stutter but has never run XBMC.

I checked my network usage on my HTPC whilst playing a 720p film and it doesn't seem too intense at all!?! I'm gonna run a lan speed test later to check what my powerline is working at.

I did see someone mention SMB buffering was an issue being worked on but couldn't find anything on it. Anyone know anything about this?
I have the same issue, video stuttering every 10-15 minutes, but I did a hardware upgrade on my PC; got a new SSD that I run as the OS drive, and a new sound card Asus Xonar DGX. Previously I had a 150GB drive and a 2TB drive in the PC, but completely removed the 150GB drive and put the 2TB drive into the server, which runs Win7. Also I re-installed Windows 7 x64.

Previously to this transition, I had no problems with XBMC stuttering after I changed the Audio settings for the Realtek onboard card.

I could try as well removing some add-ons, mainly I use trakt and YouTube. Also Universal Movie Scraper, since TVDB didn't work at all for me last night.

Also, I might've changed something on the old OS that fixed my issue before, besides the Realtek issue. Can anyone point me to where XBMC stores its settings? Preferably to an .ini or something which I can read and see what was different on my previous setup?

Edit: My setup is pretty basic, running analog sound to speakers 2.1(in XBMC set to 2.0) and an HDMI cable directly to the TV. Don't think it's the HDMI cable since I did some gaming as well and noticed no such stuttering.
So I fixed my stuttering issues, I remembered what I did last time. I always had this nagging feeling that YATSE tried to access XBMC or something before, so I disabled all XBMC services. That includes UPnP, Webserver, Remote Control(except the 'Allow programs on this system to control XBMC'); Zeroconf and AirPlay were never on to begin with.

After testing a 2 hour long movie, and some TV episodes, I no longer get stuttering issues every 10-15 minutes. (knock on wood)

Although, last time IIRC, I turned webserver back on so that YATSE can connect to it, with no stuttering afterwards. I have to mention that with this new XBMC setup, I never used YATSE nor have I even set it up so it can't be the result of these stuttering issues.

I don't expect this to work for all of you, but it's worth a shot Smile

Also for future references this is the basics of my XBMC setup.

Link to rig
Connected to a Samsung 46" with a basic HDMI cable, 1920x1080@60Hz. Analog sound from the sound card(Xonar DGX, previously Realtek onboard used same settings for both), stereo 2.0. Running XBMC in an extended display. Windows 7 x64. All movies/TV shows/music connected to XBMC via SMB shares from a Win7x86 server. Can't think of anything else that might be relevant.
(2013-02-04, 16:53)Master.Mg Wrote: After some minutes the video and audio starts to stutter and the fps drop from 24 to 5. Pausing the movie and unpausing solve temporarily the problem which reoccurs apparently randomly after a few minutes. I've tried WASAPI and DirectSound out via HDMI with no change.
My setup is Htpc--->Avr--->Tv
With Eden I never had this problem.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32658
The problem happened at 14:53 in the log file

Hi!

Your reading over the network right? if so, have you updated NIC drivers recently? sound like you need to check if "flow control" is enabled.
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback stutter after some minutes.1