Anime OP ED
I'd like to know the best way to include anime OP and ED song videos in the library, that are not listed as specials in TVDB.

I was thinking to use an nfo file.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
    <title>Azumanga Daioh OP</title>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>OP</episode>
    <plot>OP for episodes 1-26 Soramimi Cake by Oranges and Lemons</plot>
</tvshow>

Would something like the above nfo work?

Would I name the nfo?
tvshow.nfo
and then change the filename to "Azumanga Daioh OP.mkv"

Thanks for any help. I've been playing around with the nfo files for a while and can't seem to get thing to work.

One other question is there anything I could put in the nfo file so that it always shows as unwatched.
If you used my Anidb.net [Mod] scraper for your anime shows, you could add the OPs and EDs directly as specials, you'd just number them as S00E101 and S00E102 (for Azumanga Daioh at least, in general you add 100 to the C value as listed on AniDB).

Of course, AniDB arranges series differently to TVDB, so switching scrapers might require a fairly major overhaul to your folder and file naming, so it might not be a practical solution.
Thanks scudlee but the reason I use TVDB over andb is the episode synopsis is really good on TVDB, I just wish I could get nfo to work somehow for just the stuff like OP's that aren't on TVDB and scrappers for the regular episodes
The AniDB scraper takes the episode details from TVDB where possible, so there should be very little difference in that regard.
(2013-02-04, 20:13)scudlee Wrote: The AniDB scraper takes the episode details from TVDB where possible, so there should be very little difference in that regard.

Thanks scudlee that scraper works great, I've been using it for a week now and have it set just right, downloading episode details as well as extra fanart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anime OP ED0