Win Win 7 Frodo crashes on start [Textures13.db]?
Decided to upgrade one of my XBMC installs this morning. Copied my userdata folder and installed over v11. Seems that was a bad idea.

The new version of XBMC booted/ran one time, that's it. It updated some add-on files but all my media was missing. Realized that I forgot to move the advancedsettings file back over with the SQL info, exited, moved it, restarted XBMC, near instant crash. Removed the file, same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled Frodo, same thing. XBMC logo comes up, crashes to the desktop with Windows saying XBMC has stopped working.

I found another post with this same problem but on an Apple TV.

Most recent log file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14265500/xbmc.log

Help!! Smile
I had this probelm on my apple and the pc at the same time. Eventually solved by completely uninstalling xbmc and erasing the XBMC forlder under roaming (all my preferrences and caches) and databased (Was using MySql as well, but left that alone. Reinstalled Frodo and rescanned that media. Import never worked for me, just did nothing. But Im back up and running. Not sure what the problem really was, but upgrading just didnt work for me.
Ok... 2nd PC, same problem. The moment I add advancedsettings.xml (sql db info) XBMC is unusable. Same file as before, same data as before... I even cut/paste the example from the wiki, getting the same results. I

I completely uninstalled XBMC. (Ran the uninstaller, deleted the profile, removed reg keys... there was no trace of XBMC remaining. Installed a fresh copy of Frodo, used the example advancedsettings file and get the same problem. If I take out all references to the sql DB, XBMC boots. What the hell am I missing? Smile

No offense to the guys that make this, but the line where you say something like "just install Frodo over Eden" needs to be removed. It simply doesn't work like that. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win 7 Frodo crashes on start [Textures13.db]?0