Win VDR backend - prevent updating "now and next" events...
Question 
Greetings,
sorry but I'm duplicating my question in this forum section since the problem seems backend-related (VDR in this case) and not general.

How can I prevent the XBMC windows client to update "now and next" events (and thus overwriting the previously imported timeline from the backend) while switching on a channel?

Thanks...
Sorry, I can't follow. What exactly is the issue?
Zazza, i don't think it's Xbmc that updates your now and next. It's vdr that does that. Maybe somewhere around there is a patch to disable this, but i'm not sure.
(2013-02-05, 10:02)FernetMenta Wrote: Sorry, I can't follow. What exactly is the issue?
When tuning a channel in XBMC, the "now and next" events are updated directly from the satellite stream and overwrites the backend EPG (I can see it in the syslog file on the Ubuntu server). Is there a way to stop VDR to refresh the EPG from the tuner card?

I hope it's clear...

Thank you...
Setting EPGScanTimeout (setup.conf) to zero disables updates to epg from dvb.
There is also noepg plugin for VDR which allow to select on which channels epg shouldn't be touched by VDR.
(2013-02-07, 10:51)FernetMenta Wrote: Setting EPGScanTimeout (setup.conf) to zero disables updates to epg from dvb.

Hi FernetMenta,
I've edited setup.conf as you suggested. Restarted the VDR server but it seems that this settings is simply ignored by VNSI and/or XBMC Windows client. I still can see "writing EPG data events" in the syslog.
Maybe this is setting is valid only for the VDR application in Linux?

Thanks...
Stop VDR before editing setup.conf
(2013-02-11, 22:36)Marx1 Wrote: Stop VDR before editing setup.conf

Hi Marx1... I just did it this way otherwise VDR wouldn't save changes made in setup.conf...
VNSI does not write anything to epg. It just reads the data and transfers to XBMC.
(2013-02-11, 23:24)FernetMenta Wrote: VNSI does not write anything to epg. It just reads the data and transfers to XBMC.

Sorry to bother FernetMenta,
could you please test for me with your configuration that a XBMC client connected to a VDR backend with EPGScanTimeout = 0 actually doesn't update the EPG for next and now events? Thank you very much for your time...
As I said earlier VNSI does not write to vdr's epg data base, regardless of the value of EPGScanTimeout. Why do you think this is done by vnsi?
disabling EPG scan is not disabling the reading of the EPG if you are tuned to the channel. Its just disabling the periodic scan of EPG on idle devices.
If you use external EPG, you need to make sure to do it correctly. Either you use an import which is capable of doing this right (i.e. xmltv2vdr plugin) or you use noepg plugin to block out DVB EPG completly for the given channels. I'm using noepg-plugin with external EPG.

This is general VDR handling - not related to VNSI or XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR backend - prevent updating "now and next" events...0