Fanart not showing up in list view for TV shows
For my TV shows, I'm using "fanart/list" view but my fanart isn't showing up in the box to the left; however, I can see it in the background.

I've also tried the "file" view, and I have no clue what type of art is used in the box to the left, but I'm not having much luck with anything showing there and it seems to be hit and miss.

I have all of my art available in the appropriate folders and it's all named properly. Am I doing something wrong that it's not showing up? Thanks!
Have you re-run the Artwork Downloader addon? And configured it correctly (local art vs scraped art)?
(2013-02-05, 05:21)jingai Wrote: Have you re-run the Artwork Downloader addon? And configured it correctly (local art vs scraped art)?

I did rerun the Artwork Downloader, but how do I configure it to use only local art?
(2013-02-06, 05:16)nolegrl Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 05:21)jingai Wrote: Have you re-run the Artwork Downloader addon? And configured it correctly (local art vs scraped art)?

I did rerun the Artwork Downloader, but how do I configure it to use only local art?

There is an option to do it in the addon's configuration.
(2013-02-06, 14:46)jingai Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 05:16)nolegrl Wrote:

There is an option to do it in the addon's configuration.

I looked at every setting and menu of the add on and I didn't see anything that asked if I just want to refresh using local art. Do you know where it is or what the option is called that needs to be checked?
In the Configure menu for Artwork Downloader, the setting is under Advanced. It's called Use Local Files, and you need to switch it on.

It's also a good place to (temporarily) limit the artwork so that it doesn't grab everything. For example, after the Frodo upgrade I noticed my TV logos weren't displaying, so I knew I had to run AD to update the database even though the files were still there. So I disabled Movie artwork downloading completely and only left Logos checked under TV, checked Use Local Files so that it wouldn't replace the logos I had, and then ran it. This way it only scanned for what I wanted to, updated the DB the way I needed, and didn't actually download anything. And now that banners are handled separately in XBMC, it's a great/fast way just to grab what you need instead of doing full scans.
(2013-02-06, 20:30)Jags Wrote: In the Configure menu for Artwork Downloader, the setting is under Advanced. It's called Use Local Files, and you need to switch it on.

It's also a good place to (temporarily) limit the artwork so that it doesn't grab everything. For example, after the Frodo upgrade I noticed my TV logos weren't displaying, so I knew I had to run AD to update the database even though the files were still there. So I disabled Movie artwork downloading completely and only left Logos checked under TV, checked Use Local Files so that it wouldn't replace the logos I had, and then ran it. This way it only scanned for what I wanted to, updated the DB the way I needed, and didn't actually download anything. And now that banners are handled separately in XBMC, it's a great/fast way just to grab what you need instead of doing full scans.

They might have changed the menu, because there's no "use local files" setting in advanced. The options I have are:
"Overwrite all existing artwork"
"Centralize extrafanart"
"Use XBMC pre-caching" (this option is grey'ed out)
"Debug"

I have limit artwork setup already as well.
Hrmmmm... not sure why you wouldn't have the option. Pretty sure I have the latest version -- 12.0.12 -- and the option is there for me. Make sure you have the latest version.

If you do, I have no idea what would stop just that one option from showing up. If that can't be figured out, then it might be easiest to just bite the bullet and let it download new fanart. You can do a search on your TV directory and back up the ones you currently have if they're really important to you, put them in a folder, then when AD is done you can sort through and restore the old ones if you don't like the new ones. It can be a pain if you have a lot of shows, but an hour of tweaking is faster than another couple days doing diagnostics in the forum, y'know?

In any case, keep us posted.
Artwork Downloader definitely has the option on all six of my installations. I get the addon thru the official mechanisms.

But the short of it is, this is what you need to sort out. If Artwork Downloader isn't showing this option you'll need to talk to its author.
(2013-02-07, 15:03)jingai Wrote: Artwork Downloader definitely has the option on all six of my installations. I get the addon thru the official mechanisms.

But the short of it is, this is what you need to sort out. If Artwork Downloader isn't showing this option you'll need to talk to its author.

Okay, I've got an update. I asked in the Artwork Downloader forum and I was told that the Eden build already has that turned on by default, so there is no option for it. If that's the case, then the skin isn't working as expected, or I'm not understanding exactly how XBMC works. Even though I've updated my .nfo files to reflect studios, mpaa, and ratings, and I have artwork saved in the folder under the correct names, if I do an "update library" or "scan for new content" none of that gets updated. The only time it gets updated is when I do a refresh in the "tv show info" option and I have to do that individually for each TV show.
Update Library and Scan For New Content have nothing to do with Artwork Downloader. We were talking about actually running (not just configuring) Artwork Downloader.

But, I had also been assuming XBMC Frodo this whole time (since you didn't specify). If you're actually on Eden, artwork behaved differently there (broken, IMHO).

If possible, could you post a screenshot showing what the problem is?
Also, what version of Metropolis are you using? You should be on 2.0.0 for Eden. Anything higher will most definitely be broken on Eden.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart not showing up in list view for TV shows0