Solved can't play movies
First my hardware: Minix Neo X5 with android 4.1.1

I can't play any movies from the movie menu, all my files are dvd's (video_ts & audio_ts) in their own directory, when i scan a set of this directorys it will find all the movies in that directory and they are nicefully displayed by xbmc, but when i try to play a movie it does nothing,
Sometimes a error message is displayed "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play check the logfile".
When i go directly to the directory of the movie and choose a .vob file the video is played normaly.
When i try to play a .iso file xbmc crashed.
I will try to send a logfile.
In xbmc V12 RC3 it worked but it crashes a lot.
Audio files are not a problem and plays normaly, avi or mpg files are not a problem too.

I hope someone can help me!!!!

Eric
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2013-02-05, 15:57)Whitehawk1967 Wrote: Sometimes a error message is displayed "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play check the logfile".
What did the log tell you when you examined it? You should enable debug log (wiki)ging first (so more diagnostic information is captured in the log) and then attempt to play a movie again.
Quote:I will try to send a logfile.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda. Smile
Quote:I hope someone can help me!!!!
We'll first need to see your debug log (wiki) which shows your attempt to play a movie. Please upload the entire log's contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post just the URL link to your uploaded log here with your reply. Thanks.
Hello,

Here is the link to the log file, its all abracadabra for me, maybe someone can figure out whats the problem.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=33210

Thanks
I just figured out the problem.
When i try to access the files with SMB i'm having this problem.
When i mount the drive in Android (with mounting software) and then access the files "localy" everything is working fine.
So this was the solution for my problem, maybe for the developers a new challenge to solve this problem with SMB.
Thanks for your help, i hope in a future release this problem is solved.
(2013-02-06, 22:24)Whitehawk1967 Wrote: I just figured out the problem.
When i try to access the files with SMB i'm having this problem.
When i mount the drive in Android (with mounting software) and then access the files "localy" everything is working fine.
So this was the solution for my problem, maybe for the developers a new challenge to solve this problem with SMB.
Thanks for your help, i hope in a future release this problem is solved.

Hi all, I see this thread is marked as SOLVED, though the on the XBMC 12.2 build for android it does not work playing a VIDEO_TS folder over a network.
Is it working on the nightlies?
Cheers
Mark.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't play movies1