Share problems
Hi,

Maybe this is not the proper way to ask help but its the first time i need help with something.
I am a very satisfied user of XBMC and i know my way around in all the settings.
Now i have updated to Frodo and i have a strange problem.
I am using a windows 7 system with Apple TV2, i use the SMB protocol to share my folders over the cabled network.

All my folders are shared folders without a password.
For example:

The following folders:

Movies
Series
Documentaries
Music DVD's

In the movies folder are now more than a thousand movies
Music dvd's'about 150

Normally it works fine but now sometimes the system says there is no acces to the path....
so i can't access my movies.
After restarting XBMC it suddenly functions normal and then there is the same problem with another folder.
After restarting again it can be so that the one folder functions and another one who was working fine suddenly does
not function any more.
I allready rebuilded all my shares and my database...
Is this a problem of Frodo? And am i the only one with this problem?

Thanks in advance for responding and your help.

Greetings from The Netherlands.

No way to really tell without debug logs (wiki) from when it happens. Maybe you are using the NetBIOS name for the server instead of the IP address? Sometimes that will cause issues where it won't connect for a while.
Thanks for your quick response.
I will try this and hope it does the job.

Greetz
Also, SMB seems to like shares with username and password better then those without Wink (experience based on windows home server that's based on xp, but it might be the same on win7)
Just to let you guys know....It's working fine now...
The problem that occured was a windows problem.
In some strange way some shared folders/ hard drives in the network SOMETIMES needed a password and the other time it did not ask for a passwordHuh?
I found a zip file online that made a change in the windows register to discard this.
After rebooting i could enter all my shared files.
After trying this for a time i also tried the tip from Ned Scott to change the Netbios name to the IP address.
This worked even better, it all seems quicker now.

So i am happy!!!

Thanks for your help and respect for all your good work!

Greetz from The Netherlands.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share problems0