Apple TV 1 and XBMC remote issue
Hi all,

I use control 4 as my home automation with a SR250 remote control.
I had the ATV 2 setup and it worked great. The remote was appropriate.
I had my ATV1 setup this weekend with the Extra vegetables driver and the SR250 works fine for most things BUT when I go into XBMC, the remote commands are all messed up. The up arrow actually makes the cursor go down. The right arrow is up. The left arrow.... You get the point. When I exit XBMC and go back to regular ATV, it works fine again.

Any thoughts on how to fix this or why its happening?

Thanks in advance.
I know what Control 4 is (home automation), but I have no idea what an Extra Vegetables Driver is, or how Control 4 and XBMC work together. So feel free to correct me on any of this, but I'm going to give it my best guess.

So this veggie driver is something for your SR250, which is probably your Control 4 remote as well? It's sending commands to XBMC, but they're all messed up. I'm guessing this is something that can be fixed with a keymap file. XBMC is seeing signals but using them for the wrong things.

Does the ATV2 work with XBMC under this set up as well?
(2013-02-05, 20:13)Ned Scott Wrote: I know what Control 4 is (home automation), but I have no idea what an Extra Vegetables Driver is, or how Control 4 and XBMC work together. So feel free to correct me on any of this, but I'm going to give it my best guess.

So this veggie driver is something for your SR250, which is probably your Control 4 remote as well? It's sending commands to XBMC, but they're all messed up. I'm guessing this is something that can be fixed with a keymap file. XBMC is seeing signals but using them for the wrong things.

Does the ATV2 work with XBMC under this set up as well?

You are correct. The EV is the driver for the C4 to integrate with ATV. When I use the remote for the ATV (1 or 2) it works absolutely correctly UNTIL I enter into xbmc on the ATV. That is when the commands are all messed up. As soon as I exit xbmc and am back in regular ATV, it again is fine.

The remote did work fine with the ATV2 but not so much with the ATV1.

Thanks.
That's... very odd. I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot this. If it was sending the wrong signals then it should happen on just about any XBMC install, and it should certainly happen in the native ATV interface. Since that's not happening.. I'm really not sure what it could be. See if you can get us a debug log (wiki) from the ATV1 when you use the controller and it doesn't send the correct buttons. You can use the debug log uploader add-on to easily get the log file to a URL you can paste here.
I checked the iOS version and its 3.0.2. I have the ATV1 setup with the EV driver. I checked the xbmc on it using the original Apple TV remote and it works perfect. So this means its a Control 4 remote issue right?

What next? Go to IR?

Thanks all.
My C4 IT guy hooked me up to IP for audio from the ATV and IR for watching ATV. Apparently xbmc requires IR control. I will give it a shot when I get home tonight and update everyone.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 1 and XBMC remote issue0