SMB & workgroup
Hello all Smile

I have an ATV 2, jailbreraked with Seas0npass.
Running Frodo, works very fine.
I have a NAS, a DS-411j from Synology.
They are connected on my home network (using cable).

Once I jailbreaked my ATV 2 I installed nito. I chose XBMX, a couple of minutes and Frodo was there.
Went suprisingly well.

One issue though.

Once I opened Frodo I went to smb, found my nas, and added a part og the nas. The option "movies" came, everything was smooth.

Just now I was gonna watch a movie that was stored another place on my NAS, so I chose file, and add source. I went to smb.
Strangly enough it was empty! I tried closing/reopening Frodo, no luck. Nothing under SMB.

So; I can access the files I have added, but I cant add more folders because it's empty under add source and SMB.

Any tips or hints?

There is one thing that might share some light on this (or make it more difficult..).
Workgropp - I called the workgroup at home donkeykong. Once I opened Frodo I saw that the name thyere was workgroup. I was thinking of changing it in Frodo, but I didn't need to, I saw the nas without changing the workgroup name on the ATV.
Just for fun I tried it now, changed the workgroup name on the atv to donkeykong. I still couldn't find the nas under SMB.

Try browsing the IP address of you nas Wink should help, and using smb with IP instead of Netbios is generally better Wink
I didn't know that would make any difference!
I guess I have to map the nas first.

Vewy nice, thanx for a fanst answer fellow Norwegian LaughLaugh
Just installed XBMC 12 on my IPad 4 and use SMB to connect it to my NAS. Everything works fine but when I try to play movies from the NAS all maps are empty. I have an old XBOX connected the same way an it works fine. Dosen't XBMC 12 Frodo support avi, xvid etc on iOS 6.1?

Try reading sticky threads first.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-02-10, 00:36)Avixvid Wrote: Just installed XBMC 12 on my IPad 4 and use SMB to connect it to my NAS. Everything works fine but when I try to play movies from the NAS all maps are empty. I have an old XBOX connected the same way an it works fine. Dosen't XBMC 12 Frodo support avi, xvid etc on iOS 6.1?

Like Martijn says, read the stickies. Mostly we need the debug log (wiki) and a more detailed description of the issue. The iPad 4 should have very little issue software decoding most avi and xvid files up to 720 (maybe even 1080, depending on various factors).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB & workgroup0