xbmc on sdtv
Doing my research before switching to xbmc from pch a-300. My concern is that I still have 42 inch wide screen sdtv. Will xbmc be too limited? I understand that only some skins might work. I tried Big Alaska on my laptop but it didn't install on Frodo. Anybody with sdtv can share before I buy parts?
Try with refocus BIG
Take a peek at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1320327. I've done this, and I think it is quite satisfactory on our SD TV.
Tried refocus big on my SDTV and I can't read it any clearer than any of the other standard skins. Are there some settings I can mess with? Fonts are too small and unreadable. My tube is about 24 inches I think. Still using AeonNox SDTV mod which is barely Frodo compatible.
how comes there is no sdtv skin in current release ? would nt it address more users ?
(2014-06-09, 03:36)rzr.online.fr Wrote: how comes there is no sdtv skin in current release ? would nt it address more users ?

Why? Because there really aren't that many people using SDTVs right now and even fewer will be using SDTVs in the future. But I understand where you're coming from, it's frustrating to be dealing with older hardware and not being able\willing to upgrade when you still have a perfectly functioning piece of kit...

Here's a few links that might be able to help you:

Larger font for Composite TV

Standard definition TVs - modify skins' small font sizes and make them readable

Also, I had some luck using an earlier version of Wyrm's excellent xTV SAF skin. In my case it was xTV-SAF-v1.0.2a.zip (xbox) version which I was using on an old xbox plugged into an old SDTV two years ago...

Good luck and remember not all older skins play well with newer versions of xbmc!

--bornagainpenguin

PS: Holy necro-post bump! Well hopefully the fact I'm adding information will work in my favor..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc on sdtv0