Eden to Frodo library import
Today I decided to migrate my XBMC (Eden) database to my local server running MySQL and could not get it to create the databases for videos and music. I followed both the wiki and the How To Geek article by exporting my libraries, creating the xbmc user, created the advancedsettings.xml and imported the library. The library would show as being updated but MySQL would not show any new databases created by by XBMC.

After numerous attempts, I decided to upgrade to Frodo in hopes it would be able to create the connection to MySQL and create the database. No luck. It doesn't even import the the library and I can't seem to figure out what is going wrong. After hours of trouble shooting, I'm ready to give up the idea and reinstall Eden, that is unless someone could provide me some insight on how to resolve my problems.

TIA
Here's a copy of my advancedsettings.xml file:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.100</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>123456</pass>
        <name>[user]_video_xbmc</name>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.100</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>123456</pass>
        <name>[user]_music_xbmc</name>
    </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
I've previously installed phpMyAdmin and am able to login with the above credentials just fine, yet still no xbmc db's.

I feel like I'm missing something small and just can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
remove the <name> tags
frodo does not need or like them
see the xbmc wiki re: mysql setup for frodo
most of those other guides are outdated and no longer apply

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden to Frodo library import0