• 34(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
# 5 is a success.

#1, 2, 3, were a success,

#4 was DOA.

Busy week.

1 outta 5 not too bad. These things are $100 bucks guys and girls.

Again, I used USB image tool to just clone the a 16GB SD card. Mainly because everything was set up the way I want it for this box. I will likely pick up another measy RC11 in the next few weeks.

BTW, the measy doesn't wake from suspend / or power. Just one of those things, other than that its perfect and we still have WOL.
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
Well now I have tried 3 different RAMs.. still no luck. One was a Kingston which some people says work some say it doesn't work. Then tried one by elixir from my acer laptop. And another one from my HP laptop (it doesn't have manufacturer name). All I get is 3 repeating beeps.

It still might be a RAM issue but now I am frustrated :-( how come these guys at arctic haven't rectified this issue when this product has been around for more than a year and I am sure so many buyers would have contacted them about this issue. How difficult it might be to make their unit compatible with all manufacturer's memory.

(2013-04-13, 17:47)archangelz Wrote:
(2013-04-13, 17:18)kahlon Wrote: I got Arctic MC001-N-T and installed Kingston RAM - KVR1333D3S9/4G. Used a USB stick with openelec. But all I get is 3 repeating beeps. No output to monitor. Tried with a different RAM from my working laptop but no luck.
I noticed that the unit gives same 3 repeating beeps even if I don't put any RAM and just power ON the unit. So not sure that it's a RAM issue.

Sent an email to Arctic support but no response till now. Is there any way to check if the unit is DOA? And is there a way to contact them via phone?

No it's not DOA, just the unit is really finicky with memory.
Got mine to work with a couple of GSkill sticks and others have gotten Crucial working. Corsair is definitely a no no. Search the thread for the sticks people have had luck with.
I was using Gskill F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ for reference. That's worked fine for me with no issue. A lot of the other reports of working memory seem to have Nanya chips.

(2013-04-14, 15:58)kahlon Wrote: Well now I have tried 3 different RAMs.. still no luck. One was a Kingston which some people says work some say it doesn't work. Then tried one by elixir from my acer laptop. And another one from my HP laptop (it doesn't have manufacturer name). All I get is 3 repeating beeps.

It still might be a RAM issue but now I am frustrated :-( how come these guys at arctic haven't rectified this issue when this product has been around for more than a year and I am sure so many buyers would have contacted them about this issue. How difficult it might be to make their unit compatible with all manufacturer's memory.

(2013-04-13, 17:47)archangelz Wrote:
(2013-04-13, 17:18)kahlon Wrote: I got Arctic MC001-N-T and installed Kingston RAM - KVR1333D3S9/4G. Used a USB stick with openelec. But all I get is 3 repeating beeps. No output to monitor. Tried with a different RAM from my working laptop but no luck.
I noticed that the unit gives same 3 repeating beeps even if I don't put any RAM and just power ON the unit. So not sure that it's a RAM issue.

Sent an email to Arctic support but no response till now. Is there any way to check if the unit is DOA? And is there a way to contact them via phone?

No it's not DOA, just the unit is really finicky with memory.
Got mine to work with a couple of GSkill sticks and others have gotten Crucial working. Corsair is definitely a no no. Search the thread for the sticks people have had luck with.
i am using both of these and they are perfect, once again

http://goo.gl/pFdzA
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
I still have a few extra mc001-n that I a looking to sell, PM if interested, I am based in Australia.
For anyone curious, I recently picked up an MC001 from Amazon and paired it with the following RAM:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DP5HRI/ref=...1_ST1_dp_1

Everything works awesome. Installed OpenElec on a thumb drive.
Do you need to pair the RAM or does one stick work?

Also didnt pick up in thread what people are using for a remote?
One stick is all you need, it uses single channel memory architecture.
I'm having problems playing some netflix HD content.

I am able to watch SD content just fine of course but some HD content studders, goes out of sync and I cant figure out why.

I can watch the movie "Safe" in HD and it will play the whole movie just fine. I then try to play "Paranorman" or most of the Warner Bros. animated shows like "batman/superman apocalypse" "justice league unlimited" and it will start to studder and go out of sync.

I installed MSI afterburner and I can see silverlight is using the GPU to decode these movies but something is holding it back. The only thing I can think of is netflix uses different codecs to encode different shows. Perhaps they use VC-1 for the warner bros stuff and h.264 for the movies and silverlight is more efficient at decoding one over the other.

Can someone who also has netflix test the movies above to see if your arctic can play them smoothly?

XBMC decodes everything just fine running on win7 x64.

Thanks ZZ
(2013-02-06, 15:35)lem000 Wrote: The ATSC tuner isn't supported by OpenELEC and AMD drivers suck at deinterlacing and don't do HD Audio.
There are better options for OpenELEC.

I really don't need the DVD, so I'm looking at the $129 version.

http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-MC001-N-Pas...m_sbs_pc_1

I'm an OpenELEC user, so I'm wondering what you think is better at this price point? To me the pros are cheap and no fan.

I currently use an ATV2, but I'm getting worried that if something goes wrong with my Eden to Frodo upgrade, there is really no way for me to restore the ATV2.

So, recommendations for stable, OpenELEC (or otherwise) base XBMC hardware for under $200 for the whole unit? Streaming no more than 720p over WiFi.

Thanks,

Allan
It's an excellent machine for that price and will beat the pants off of the Apple TV 2.
Question is what remote... read lots and lots was going for the Motorola nyxboard but not stock anywhere (I asked pulse-eight btw)...
(2013-04-29, 09:22)zzkazu Wrote: Question is what remote... read lots and lots was going for the Motorola nyxboard but not stock anywhere (I asked pulse-eight btw)...

A Logitech harmony works just fine, if you need anything more advanced I would just plug in a USB wireless keyboard.
or you get a XBOX Black remote and a Logitech Wireless Keyboard (Unifying receiver) that also enables you to access the bios...
Can anybody else confirm/deny choppy airplay on these from an iPhone 4? Just audio actually. I have done a few Youtube videos over airplay and they run fine.

Just trying to see if it is just a problem with the MC001, my phone, or my network.

I am running latest OE off of a USB drive with 2 GB ram. Connected to gigabit ethernet. Linksys e4200v1 router.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5