• 35(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
(2013-04-29, 06:57)Ned Scott Wrote: It's an excellent machine for that price and will beat the pants off of the Apple TV 2.

OK! I'm in for two! Only 9 left on Amazon. I wish I got these when they were $99 :-(

I purchased these remotes as my wife and I prefer simple remotes. If there were a way to get the Arctic's to work with the Apple remote, I would be thrilled.
(2013-04-29, 09:22)zzkazu Wrote: Question is what remote... read lots and lots was going for the Motorola nyxboard but not stock anywhere (I asked pulse-eight btw)...

just to let you know that I bought the hp remote control (MCE compatible) for 9 euros and it is working perfect! In both openelec and windows 8 systems!
Thanks sstravross, I cant resist that..
Hey guy so I have set mine up its all working and stuff just when I play any hd stuff it gets all laggy this is on openelec is there some setting you have to change? thanks
(2013-04-30, 21:32)joemo240 Wrote: Hey guy so I have set mine up its all working and stuff just when I play any hd stuff it gets all laggy this is on openelec is there some setting you have to change? thanks

Can you be more specific about HD stuff?

Where are you playing HD stuff from?
I am streaming it form noobroom and stuff like that.
(2013-04-29, 15:57)cwide Wrote: Can anybody else confirm/deny choppy airplay on these from an iPhone 4? Just audio actually. I have done a few Youtube videos over airplay and they run fine.

Just trying to see if it is just a problem with the MC001, my phone, or my network.

I am running latest OE off of a USB drive with 2 GB ram. Connected to gigabit ethernet. Linksys e4200v1 router.

I have the same issue on a NUC machine as well as mc001. I think this am xmbc issue not the mc 001, AirPlay seems to be very unreliable.
(2013-05-03, 03:45)teddy6565 Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 15:57)cwide Wrote: Can anybody else confirm/deny choppy airplay on these from an iPhone 4? Just audio actually. I have done a few Youtube videos over airplay and they run fine.

Just trying to see if it is just a problem with the MC001, my phone, or my network.

I am running latest OE off of a USB drive with 2 GB ram. Connected to gigabit ethernet. Linksys e4200v1 router.

I have the same issue on a NUC machine as well as mc001. I think this am xmbc issue not the mc 001, AirPlay seems to be very unreliable.

You would think we would see more reports of this then. Are you running OpenElec? Also, what kind of router do you have?
Openelec, netgear
Looking to replace my ATV2 with something fanless, with optical out, works with Harmony one remote and can run any skin smoothly.... will the Arctic do this, will it run all skins without issue or better than the ATV2?
Seems like there are mixed reviews.
Yep...

if you find it available go for it...
(2013-05-03, 16:15)solamnic Wrote: Yep...

if you find it available go for it...

http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-MC001-E-Pas...ic+MC001-N

these have the DVD and there a few in stock at Amazon. The ones without the DVD are out of stock (I got two coming today :-)
Damn, no shipping to Canada, anybody from Canada find a retailer that will?
thanks
(2013-05-03, 03:50)teddy6565 Wrote: Openelec, netgear

I'm on OE and I have a Cisco router. All of my friends with newer apple products are able to airplay just fine on my Arctic. Only iphone 4's screw up. Weird.

Conspiracy theory: XBMC wants me to upgrade.
(2013-05-03, 17:54)homerjs Wrote: Damn, no shipping to Canada, anybody from Canada find a retailer that will?
thanks

I shipped mine through an Amerifriend. Given the limited stock at this point this is probably your best bet.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5