• 37(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
(2013-06-10, 10:58)aminemed Wrote: i mean the external hard drive will be connected by USB ?

yep... (usb 2.0 or 3.0)....
I have OpenELEC update activated; the download happens but when I reboot the new version isn't installed.. Any ideas?
(2013-07-13, 03:53)zzkazu Wrote: I have OpenELEC update activated; the download happens but when I reboot the new version isn't installed.. Any ideas?

Manually update - download the new version and copy the relevant files into the 'Update' directory. Check the wiki if you don't know which files to copy or how to do it.

Also, are you waiting until it tells you to reboot? It takes some minutes for the files to download and unpack, especially on a slow system.
(2013-07-13, 03:53)zzkazu Wrote: I have OpenELEC update activated; the download happens but when I reboot the new version isn't installed.. Any ideas?

Is its not updated when you boot it means that download was not completed. Just turn it on, watch a movie - or not - and when you reboot the new version will be installed...
It outlines the download has completed and then extracts... strange..
I presume there is enough space on the hd (or USB) that is used for extraction ...
If all else fail you should do a manual update ( as described on openelec site )
Has anyone tried installing windows 8 on this? I cannot get USB hard drives to work on windows 8, seems to be a driver issue.
Installed Win 8 two days ago, running flawlessly so far. You need to get creative with 64-bit drivers but all the ones I was too lazy to google were WHQL anyway.
What about speed in win 8 .. Boot time ?
(2013-07-25, 17:30)solamnic Wrote: What about speed in win 8 .. Boot time ?

OK, so a little late in on this one. I have an MC001-BD (2 actually) and I have installed Windows 8 on them, and I have to say - it's excellent!

With the improved boot time of Windows 8 I just let it shut down the box when I hit power off on the remote, and on startup it boots directly into XBMC. (This saves the flashing blue light when in sleep!)

I haven't even messed about with altering the default drivers that Windows 8 installed, there just wasn't a need to do it!

I have to say if you are using Windows 7 on this, then I would recommend looking at Windows 8 instead if you happen to have a spare license for it.
Good news indeed... Wink
(although i dont think i will replace Openelec with win8 .. )
these now seem totally unavailable or listed for $999/732EUR Sad
(2013-09-30, 13:24)Whoey Wrote: these now seem totally unavailable or listed for $999/732EUR Sad

Yes, I was lucky - I managed to get what appeared to be the last 2 from Amazon UK (included Bluray drive and TV Tuner).

I am very very happy with them! (Although they did cost £250 a piece!)
(Still cheaper than any other PC without a fan)
But the latest Openelec seems terrible on them.

- standby broken
- bad video tearing
- TV rewinding not working whatsoever
(2013-09-30, 13:37)David.P Wrote: But the latest Openelec seems terrible on them.

- standby broken
- bad video tearing
- TV rewinding not working whatsoever

I'm running windows :-) Gives me pretty much full control!
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5