• 38(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
Does anyone have a spare one in Europe that he would like to sell?
I was just going to put mine on ebay and figured id mention it here. Im in the US though.
If anyone is interested just pm me in the next day or so. If this post id not allowed please delete
Hi,
I'm having issues with the MC001 under Windows 8.1 since the video drivers seem incompatible with xbmc (menu).
The menu runs unbearably slow but the videos run absolutelly fine. Is there any way to fix this ?

THX

Fjonn
From what I recall, I think I added the following to advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<gui>
   <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
   <nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<forced3d9ex>false</forced3d9ex>
<allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>
</advancedsettings>

Rob
Hi,

thanks Rob for your prompt reply. I tried those settings and they really helped in the menu BUT unfortunatelly they render video watching almost useless. First video rendering doesn't run smooth anymore plus displaying the menu in-video doesn't work anymore (it just flickers) plus xbmc tends to hang Sad

So I'm open to other suggestions that don't involve using openelec or linux Tongue

THX

Fjonn
Hope you find a solution - what I posted did the trick for me!

Rob
(2014-01-06, 08:13)fjonn Wrote: Hi,
I'm having issues with the MC001 under Windows 8.1 since the video drivers seem incompatible with xbmc (menu).
The menu runs unbearably slow but the videos run absolutelly fine. Is there any way to fix this ?

THX

Fjonn

I had this problem with windows 8 and the solution was not to update the vga drivers to the latest ones. Use the ones that came with the cd in the package. Search this thread and you will find the posts that refer to this problem.
Hi there,

stupid question Huh

Can I watch Satellite TV with my Arctic MC001 (the one with the built-in DVB-T tuner)?

If not directly, what else do I need (possibly an USB TV tuner?)

Thanks already
Cheers David
I found this site with a working driver for the IR receiver for windows 8. If anyone is interested. I spent a year trying to get this thing to use the internal receiver.
This finally worked! Whohoo!

http://drp.su/drivers/notebooks/?v=Acer&...65641&l=en

Scroll down to the bottom.
(2014-02-15, 10:19)tha_lode Wrote: I found this site with a working driver for the IR receiver for windows 8. If anyone is interested. I spent a year trying to get this thing to use the internal receiver.
This finally worked! Whohoo!

http://drp.su/drivers/notebooks/?v=Acer&...65641&l=en

Scroll down to the bottom.
Really? Didn't now you had that problem, but if you looked for this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1393457 then you probably found this link very fast; http://community.acer.com/t5/Desktops-Al...659/page/2
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Hey thanks.

I already had it up and running, but the response was waaaay to slow or not responding at all. So I tried the link you gave. A couple of things:

1. That link refers to an older version of the driver. 5.1 something versus 5.2
2. When I ran the registry patch my wireless keyboard stopped working after the reboot.... Not god, though a reshuffling of the usb things connected fixed the problem.

I can't say that the link I gave will work better for other people but it worked for me.

I have up until now been using an external microsoft ir receiver, and it is much more responsive, so I'm probably scrapping this project. I'll just have to live with a bit more cable-clutter around the tv.

Does yours respond fast to commands?
I cant express opinion on Windows 8.1 ..
but with Openelec installed IR works really well.... Smile
Can't share my experience with this MC001 anymore, they all left the building quite some time ago...
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2014-02-16, 22:22)solamnic Wrote: I cant express opinion on Windows 8.1 ..
but with Openelec installed IR works really well.... Smile

If only Netflix could get into the Linux thing I might install Openelec instead.
Not going to bother until it works 100%
i have four MC001s, and they all work just fine on openelec these days.

Running off CF Flash and 4GB ram.

It just works.

i use hybrid skin which i find allows for decent customizations and is easy enough to manage and image for my dad's 2 boxes.
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5