• 8(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
what's the best solution then to be able to choose between openelec and win 7/8 ?
If you want to use only as a XBMC machine go Openelec..

If you need to use it as pc (office, surfing) you will go Windows 7...

Btw using Openelec - at the monent you cannot bitstream DTS HD audio. (they have to be downmixed to stereo)
I know, i don't have the adequate material for now anyways for DTS HD audio, so it's not a big deal for me Smile

sorry to bother again, but i guess only a 9.5mm SSD is compatible with this machine..is that right ? (i do have a 7.5mm..)
I think it will fit just fine

(what would i do? i would wait for my Arctic unit to arrive then I would try the 7.5mm SSD drive. if it doesnt fit then i would buy a new one - not before - but as i said I think it will fit just fine)..
finally ordered 2x4gb DDR3 RAM 1333mhz and only 1 60go SSD in which i might install Win 8 or Openelec (if win 8 runs fine i'll stick with it otherwise i'll switch to Openelec)
(2013-02-19, 00:07)voochi Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 22:05)calibos Wrote: Theres a bug at the moment in flgrx IIRC that means half the time there is no picture when waking from suspend.

Suspend has been buggy in OpenElec and XBMCbuntu for as long as I can remember. I used to get freezes on resume every other day. The funny thing is I came over to OpenElec because XBMC on Windows would stutter after several days of suspend/resume cycles. That bug is still there several years later.

Im sure there are people out there with it working perfectly but I just gave up on using suspend eventually. Its not so bad with OpenElec due to the quick boot.

Pretty sure you can force an edid on resume for openelec so it doesn't do wierd stuff when other components aren't on before the xbmc box
Why suspend and not full power off (to avoid the bugs Smile )...

Since Arctic can start with remote even from power off state
I just bought this unit, if I buy a linux supported external USB sound card for it, am I able to get DTSHD and TrueHD then? Or is that still limited to the chipset? Otherwise I cancel my order while I still can.
(2013-02-21, 12:19)Khakzoy Wrote: I just bought this unit, if I buy a linux supported external USB sound card for it, am I able to get DTSHD and TrueHD then? Or is that still limited to the chipset? Otherwise I cancel my order while I still can.

You can't get HD Audio bitstreamed via external USB sound cards - they can only be bitstreamed over HDMI (and there are no HDMI USB pass-through systems)

The only realistic route for HD Audio bitstreaming under Linux is to use an Intel or nVidia graphics solution - and Intel still needs a bit of fiddling.

AMD will bitstream HD Audio under Windows - it's a driver issue not a hardware limitation. Whether AMD ever fix their drivers - who can tell.
SO HAPPY.......

Arctic Openelec (3 rc3) was released....

http://openelec.tv/get-openelec/download...load/11/44
Do you know if the cpu of this htpc can be upgraded?? (Maybe new motherboard + cpu that might work with the ATI Radeon)
Proccessor - VGA - Motherboard ... all in one... nothing can be upgraded...

if you want an upgraded version you have to look for something else Smile
Why vga? You can get a cpu with integrated graphic card and a motherboard, for 100 or 150$ you can upgrade these components, no?
(2013-02-20, 10:28)solamnic Wrote: [cut]

2x4gb....
Why get 2x 4GB instead 1x 8GB? Can you clear that for this machine?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
In Arctic's site - regarding the MC001

Memory Compatibility Max. memory size: 2 x 4GB
Memory type: SODIMM DDR3 800/1066/1333

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/enterta...001-n.html
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5