Followed the instructions, but still can't get NPVR to work.
I followed all the instructions from the wiki and used the zip from http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/xbmcpvr.html and installed the patch.

I still keep getting
"No PVR Clients have been started yet."
and
"NextPVR Connection Lost"

I'm using the most recent version of XBMC with a Silicondust HD Homerun prime.
Do you have NextPVR setup and working with your HDHomeRun Prime, so that you're able to see the channels in NextPVR? If that side is all set up fine, then we can move on to the XBMC side of things.
(2013-02-06, 19:17)sub3 Wrote: Do you have NextPVR setup and working with your HDHomeRun Prime, so that you're able to see the channels in NextPVR? If that side is all set up fine, then we can move on to the XBMC side of things.

With NextPVR, I only get a black screen and it seems to lag out.

I followed these directions and this is kind of where I'm at now.
http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=...QuickStart

It seems to have detected all the tuners on my cable card correctly. I can see the channels, but they never load and only go to a black screen. Hopefully I'm explaining this well enough.

It's probably something really simple that I'm overlooking. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time doing and redoing this. Sad
The black screen problem I also had on nextpvr, can you hear the audio ok from the channel you're playing? If you hear the audio then follow these steps.
If you go into the settings, then decoders, you will see video renderer & it will probably be evr, if you take that down to overlay, click ok & restart next pvr & try again.
(2013-02-06, 23:37)Mclarenmp4 Wrote: The black screen problem I also had on nextpvr, can you hear the audio ok from the channel you're playing? If you hear the audio then follow these steps.
If you go into the settings, then decoders, you will see video renderer & it will probably be evr, if you take that down to overlay, click ok & restart next pvr & try again.

I don't think I had any audio, but then again, I'm not certain I set up the audio decoders correctly, so this may actually fix it. Thanks.
I think there's a codec pack that was created by the nextpvr team that had better codecs for windows but since your using nextpvr as a backend and xbmc as the frontend you should be able to get it going just using the built in microsoft & lav codecs. Make sure you set all possible decoders to something.
It'll probably be the normal problem HDHomeRun user's encounter - firewall. You'll need to add firewall exclusions so that NextPVR.exe and NRecord.exe can receive data from your HDHomeRun.

Once you have it working natively in NextPVR, then it should be pretty straight forward to get it working in XBMC.
(2013-02-06, 23:52)Stunado Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 23:37)Mclarenmp4 Wrote: The black screen problem I also had on nextpvr, can you hear the audio ok from the channel you're playing? If you hear the audio then follow these steps.

I don't think I had any audio, but then again, I'm not certain I set up the audio decoders correctly, so this may actually fix it. Thanks.

I just did this exact setup last night. You trouble is most likely the decoders, I had the same issue. There is an excellent guide on Lifehacker that they just posted yesterday.

Use this codec pack, and it will walk you through step by step. Its designed for NPVR.

http://goo.gl/t09Dy

Once you have installed the codec pack, go back in and choose the LAV audio decoder on each catagorie. I think I have video set to the default Windows codec.

Let us know if that works.
Setting all my decoders to LAV, then restarting with the control panel seemed to fix my issues with NextPVR.

Everything seemed to work fine. (I'll play around and find the best codecs for me later on)

In XBMC, Video works well, but there's no audio. Sad

Hopefully this is just another simple fix.

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to help me out.
If you're getting video in XBMC, then it must also be receiving the audio. I'm not really sure setting will fix this, but it'd be some audio setting within XBMC (rather than a NextPVR setting).
I poked around a bit and didn't see anything obvious. Sound was working with files on my computer that were being played. I'll poke around some more this evening and hopefully I can get it fixed.

Again, thanks for all your help.
(2013-02-07, 00:55)sub3 Wrote: It'll probably be the normal problem HDHomeRun user's encounter - firewall. You'll need to add firewall exclusions so that NextPVR.exe and NRecord.exe can receive data from your HDHomeRun.

Once you have it working natively in NextPVR, then it should be pretty straight forward to get it working in XBMC.

I know it's a year later but thanks for this. I saw the NextPVR app in Windows Firewall and assumed it was allowed to communicate while I spent my free time over the past day troubleshooting. Once I turned off Windows Firewall it began working, and continued working once I manually added an exclusion for NRecord and re-enabled it, it worked.

My mantra is typically "It's always Windows Firewall!"...guess I forgot about it this time around.
(2014-02-19, 15:56)JasonDJ Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 00:55)sub3 Wrote: It'll probably be the normal problem HDHomeRun user's encounter - firewall. You'll need to add firewall exclusions so that NextPVR.exe and NRecord.exe can receive data from your HDHomeRun.

I know it's a year later but thanks for this. I saw the NextPVR app in Windows Firewall and assumed it was allowed to communicate while I spent my free time over the past day troubleshooting. Once I turned off Windows Firewall it began working, and continued working once I manually added an exclusion for NRecord and re-enabled it, it worked.

My mantra is typically "It's always Windows Firewall!"...guess I forgot about it this time around.

Thanks for this! Amazing nobody ever mentions it. You'd think somebody would put in the setup directions.

NRecord does not show up in the list of available for exclusion programs, so you have to browse to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Followed the instructions, but still can't get NPVR to work.0