Solved [Workaround] Support for picons channel logos
Finally, thanks FernetMenta Big Grin i can now switch from xvdr Smile
Works perfect:

Thanks much
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@FernetMenta: how can i add a URL to the base path just as fritsch did on the screenshots? It seems i cannot do this through the GUI?
this was changed to be a folder. if you are on Linux mount a cifs resource, on Windows map a drive.
heya folks,

i'm a bit new to linux and VDR stuff. i install the vnsi server on my NAS with ubuntu running, then i install vnsi pvr-client on my zbox and everything is running fine. now i want to install the plugin for picons.
could you be so kind to describe step by step, how to install this?

/var/lib/vdr/plugins/vnsiserver is the right directory or?

next i did => wget https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc-pvr-...picons.zip
next was => unzip picons.zip
next => cd xbmc-pvr-addons-picons
next => ./bootstrap => this ends in ./bootstrap: 3: ./bootstrap: autoreconf: not found
next => apt-get install dh-autoreconf
next => ./bootstrap
next => ./configure --prefix=/path/to/XBMC

but i don't have xbmc installed on my NAS, so what path should i enter here?
Script piconlinks.py does not work on my machine. Here are the Errors. I'am using Gentoo and Python 3.3.5-r1 / 2.7.9-r1

Error with python2

Code:
File "/home/xbmc/picons/piconlinks.py", line 233
    print 'ln -s %s %s.png' % (fileLink, channelName.replace(",",";").split(';')[0].replace(" ","\\
                                                                                                  ^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal

Error with python3

Code:
File "/home/xbmc/picons/piconlinks.py", line 170
    self.piconsDir = picons_dir
                              ^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
Best Regards
the script is not required.
(2015-03-20, 07:47)FernetMenta Wrote: the script is not required.

I know, but it is easier. I've done it manually.
(2015-03-22, 14:46)boospy Wrote:
(2015-03-20, 07:47)FernetMenta Wrote: the script is not required.

I know, but it is easier. I've done it manually.

Not sure what you are telling me. All you need to do is to extract picons and set the path in vnsi. No script, no additional tasks.
@FernetMenta
I'm having some difficulties with picons. Do I need to use picons from here or I can simply use this pack LINK ?
I don't know what's behind your 2nd link. I use those: https://github.com/picons/picons-source/releases
Thanks, I will use those. Some picons are missing, I will need to find out how can I add those, so I could also contribute. I read the instructions, but still not fully clear. Any ideas whom I can contact for some help?
Is there a way to display the Picons in "Recordings" like in TVH? So that you know, on which channel the recorded program was sent?
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Workaround] Support for picons channel logos1