[ATV2 Frodo] Remove from library movies reappear after scan
Hi,
I have a single movies source with bunch of movies inside.
I want to remove some of the movies, but only from XBMC, not deleting them.

I tried 'remove from library' but movies reappear after a scan. I scan the library on enter, needed for new movies.

Can I make 'remove from library' permanent? So movie will not reappear on next scan?
I can not delete the movies, just to make it clear.

Thanks!!!

After removing those movies from your library, move those movie files to a separate subfolder of your movies folder. On your new subfolder, open its context menu ("c" on keyboard or right mouse click), select "Change content" and select the "Exclude path from library updates" option.
Yes, that is another way. But perhaps I did not state clearly that I would not change anything on the file server, so moving the files is also not allowed...
Are each of your movies in their own individual folders? If so, you can use Videos > Files view, select "Change content" on the movie folder, change type to "None" and select the "Exclude path from library updates". When prompted to remove item from library, respond "Yes". Repeat for each of your other movies you wish to exclude from your library. This would require no changes to the file structure on your server.

If your movies are all thrown together into a single folder, then I don't know what to suggest.
Movie are in the individual folders. This is one way to do it, thanks.

Perhaps, there is no way of permanently removing from library, so that my mother can do it with one option? Like remove from library?

If there is none, above method is ok Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2 Frodo] Remove from library movies reappear after scan0