Slideshow: GetImageHash - unable to stat url
Hi,

I recently upgraded to Frodo and installed the Slideshow addon. Since then my slideshow does not properly work. Here's what's happening:
When the slideshow starts, the screen turns black. After some random delay there appears an image, when it vanishes, it is not replaced by a new one but it turns black again. Some time after, another image appears. Rinse and repeat.

I watched the debug log and figured this might be the relevant problem:
Quote:12:14:47 T:140182239164160 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://cf1.imgobject.com/backdrops/650/4...iginal.jpg

I don't know where this originates and why it happens and quite frankly, I am not even sure, it is a slideshow issue. I went through the source code but my capabilities in debugging xbmc addons are quite limited so I can't provide any info on a possible internal problem. But if you open the URL (http://cf1.imgobject.com/backdrops/650/4...iginal.jpg) you get:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>CF132A18BA471C02</RequestId><HostId>VqjOl1pxT7OD8RquP4PF0Dd7IvsRVUZjwyq8DuLC5USt7Cn8hYTP5/QKwskYvy8a</HostId></Error>

Until now I always though that those fanart were locally cached when the move / show is indexed, but it seems that's not the case.

If the addon is not responsible for this error, I would like to be directed to the approriate forum/person that could help me with this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Javex
it's not really a screensaver issue no.

afaik when you upgrade to frodo, xbmc will have to re-cache all the fanart.
this caches isn't done during the initial scan, but when you browse through your library.
futhermore, if you have local .nfo files, they may contain fanart url's that aren't valid anymore.
this seems to be the case on your end.

(the info above may not be 100% accurate, but that's how i understood things work in frodo)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow: GetImageHash - unable to stat url0