Bug entering library metadata delay (with mysql)
I just upgraded to frodo and right off the bat noticed that every time I enter the movie library, I am faced with a default blank screen until all metadata loads.

It displays the default background fanart (the picture that shows up if no fanart is available), and default poster for a few seconds until all metadata for all the movies is loaded, then it displays the artwork and the info. (w/ mysql)

I also noticed that it doesn't happen with smart playlist views. In playlists, it displays the artwork while it is loading all the metadata.

I tested this by creating a smart playlist that contains all the movies in my library.

If I enter the regular movies section of the library, I get a blank fanart and poster, while the duration counter at the bottom right is counting up. When the counter reaches the maximum value, the artwork and the info for the movie selected shows up. If the client is on wifi-g, this could take up to 20 seconds on a decent sized library

If I enter the smart playlist (essentially the same as the movie library), the artwork for the movie selected shows up immediately, while the duration counter is counting up. There is no delay.

This happens with both confluence and transparency, on win7 and openelec 2.92. It is not too annoying on clients connected through Gbit ethernet. But very annoying on clients using wifi.

Thanks
I'm going to have to bump this. Tried it on multiple machines, multiple skins, same result. Is anyone else observing this? or maybe no one else is really bothered by it as I am.

The trac ticket for it can be found here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14084

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
entering library metadata delay (with mysql)0