Option to associate Music Soundtrack to Movies like we can associate TV Show to Movie
Lightbulb 
hi,

i own alot of soundtracks .. and thought it would be nice to be able to play it from "my video" section ..
e.g. while reading imdb info ..

i know its overcompleting xbmc .. but why not ?

sincerely, mnc_

music should not be in the movies section... even if it is music that was made for a movie.

as far as i can tell, imdb does not store soundtrack info. so in order for you to get what you want, you'd need to be able to tell the database that that album is linked to a specific movie.

...seems unnecessary to me but the simplest way to do this is...

download the imdb info for the movie and place a file in the albums folder. when a song plays, it would look for the file ( imdb.txt or something) and then display that info and play the album.

any other method is more much complex and such a small percentage of music that i cannot see why the devs would do it.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
hi,

true about the first part .. i do not want to c mp3's in "my video's" either .. just want to play the ost of the movie, maybe switch to "my music" when pressed "play ost"

secondly its kinda because i want to know which video's i do (not) have the soundtrack for ..

probable solution:

but what if the users stores the soundtrack in e.g.:
constantine.avi <dir> if he owns the movie "constantine.avi"

(same dir only so no scanning is needed)

thanx, mnc_

what you want is the music database to contain more information, the movie info.

doable but again such a small percentage of music is associated with a movie, not sure it is a good way to spend the limited dev time. they are pretty busy fixing bugs and adding features that a large percentage of users want.

but, if you can convince a dev... you're there!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
just add music extensions to video extensions allowed in xboxmediacenter.xml then all your music will show in movie section
hey,

i don't know if the above is possible at all since music and video are stored in different databases, but yesterday i found such a feature would be very comfortable for the end user..

like you could enter the info screen of a movie and have a link in there that directly points/leads to the soundtrack/score/ost of that movie.

just an idea, since pointing from a movie to it's related tv-show is already supported.
cheers,azido :;):
this would be a really simple sql query i guest but how many people have the soundtrack of a movie in their database
tiben20 Wrote:this would be a really simple sql query i guest but how many people have the soundtrack of a movie in their database

ppl like me who love movies and their soundtracks Wink maybe the same amount of ppl who own a movie related to it's tv show. dunno, surely not the majority of users, but i think more than just me Wink and i can tell ya many ppl are buying soundtracks of movies they like, so chances are they have them available in the database.

anyway, that's just an idea to improve the usability of a "media center", to include all media a user might have, and enhance the "all in one go" feeling. i feel like it's being perfect if you can access everything related to a movie in one screen - movie itself, it's description and movie stills (done), it's trailer (done), it's related tv-show (done) and it's soundtrack (not done yet). and with it xbmc would be even more unique Smile not that i can't live without that..
I've thought before that this would be a nice addition to XBMC.
Although this is something I'd never use, it makes as much sense as linking TV shows to movies.

If any of you really wants it add it to trac and link the ticket here. That way the devs won't forget.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Although this is something I'd never use, it makes as much sense as linking TV shows to movies.

If any of you really wants it add it to trac and link the ticket here. That way the devs won't forget.

done, thanks. ticket is #6989
It would be great if you could link a soundtrack to a Movie/Show in the same way you can tie a movie to a tv series.
+1.

This makes a lot of sense. Would it be hard to do?
I just wanted to check again with this to see how feasible it is.
Yeah dont know if this is the place to suggest this for XBMC, but what if you were watching a movie and you wanted to see what song was on the film OR if you had the soundtrack in your library to link up and be able to see the song list?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to associate Music Soundtrack to Movies like we can associate TV Show to Movie0