How to change Background - Raspbmc
I have managed to change the default background (blue bubbles) within raspbmc using an android device with a few easy steps, if anyone interested i can post how i did it, looks alot nicer Big Grin
Go on then. I'm interested to see.
(2013-02-07, 12:49)Maximo Wrote: Go on then. I'm interested to see.

Are you familiar with the app ES File Explorer within Android, my android device is a Google Nexus 7?
Just upload whatever image you want to use so it is reachable from the Pi (doesn´t matter if you put it directly in the Pi or if you put it on network, HDD, just as long as you can get to it).

Go to skin settings and change background image.
(2013-02-07, 13:04)miappa Wrote: Just upload whatever image you want to use so it is reachable from the Pi (doesn´t matter if you put it directly in the Pi or if you put it on network, HDD, just as long as you can get to it).

My problem is, is that my pi cannot see my nas when trying to change the background going into appearance, settings etc evan though my pi is connected to my nas for streaming movies, music, pictures etc hence the reason i looked for another way, i am not saying its the simplest way but pritty straightforward if your familiar with android i think, i suppose its what works for each person.
(2013-02-07, 13:18)smurff33 Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 13:04)miappa Wrote: Just upload whatever image you want to use so it is reachable from the Pi (doesn´t matter if you put it directly in the Pi or if you put it on network, HDD, just as long as you can get to it).

My problem is, is that my pi cannot see my nas when trying to change the background going into appearance, settings etc evan though my pi is connected to my nas for streaming movies, music, pictures etc hence the reason i looked for another way, i am not saying its the simplest way but pritty straightforward if your familiar with android i think, i suppose its what works for each person.

So you used android explorer to what... transfer the image from your NAS to your Pi?... much easier to just use \\PI-IP-ADDRESS\Pictures and put the images in there....
(2013-02-07, 16:53)danmedhurst Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 13:18)smurff33 Wrote:

So you used android explorer to what... transfer the image from your NAS to your Pi?... much easier to just use \\PI-IP-ADDRESS\Pictures and put the images in there....

What i do is browse for a background on the google nexus, download it then transfer to my pi, pritty simple really.

Regarding doing it your way, if i open up windows explorer type in \\my pi ip address\Pictures that will bring the folder up i need to put my backgrounds in? to navigate to this folder do i go to appearance, settings etc as i don't recall seeing a picture folder when doing this last time only home - 0.0Gb - and something else?

i guess raspbmc doesn't have samba shares turned on like OpenElec does..

For clarity.. you might of got more response and less confusion if you'd just posted what you did rather than say..

"I know how to do something.. and if i get a response.. i might tell you how"

There are a million and one ways to transfer files to your pi, a simple SFTP from WINSCP gives you full access to the whole file system.. samba shares can be turned on to allow access to certain areas, the SD card can be put in your PC or Laptop and data copied directly... the list goes on.
(2013-02-07, 19:58)danmedhurst Wrote: i guess raspbmc doesn't have samba shares turned on like OpenElec does..

For clarity.. you might of got more response and less confusion if you'd just posted what you did rather than say..

"I know how to do something.. and if i get a response.. i might tell you how"

There are a million and one ways to transfer files to your pi, a simple SFTP from WINSCP gives you full access to the whole file system.. samba shares can be turned on to allow access to certain areas, the SD card can be put in your PC or Laptop and data copied directly... the list goes on.

I didn't mean to put it across like that, i was just trying to be helpful, point taken, i have managed a simplier way now using my windows machine, thanks for all the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change Background - Raspbmc0