xbmcbuntu audio issue
Hi Guys. I have searched for the solution to my problem, but to no avail.

Im having issues with the audio setup on my First XBMCbuntu box.

System consists of a Socket775 Asus mobo with Q9400, 4Gb Ram and OCZ SSD. The system is connected to an Onkyo SR-605 AVR via HDMI from an Nvidia 9600GT (the onboard audio/video are disabled) There is also a Creative x-fi extreme audio sound card with optical out connected to the Nvidia card and then sent over the HDMI....

Anyways, all my movies with DTS, Dolby Digital ACC5.1 all play perfect and sound awesome, however, none of my MP3's will play, or movies with stereo MP3 soundtrack, and the system sounds from XBMC also do not play over the optical/HDMI.

However, if i connect headphones to the Green analogue audio out socket on the sound card, they all work ??

Im guessing there is a setting somewhere i've missed telling the sound card to forward everything to the optical/hdmi? X-fi drivers maybe?

Ive tested this exact setup on Openelec and that does exactly the same thing, but if i run Win7 with XBMC that all works over HDMI...

Any help would be greatly received and i dont know what else to try.

Cheers,

Rich.
set "audio device" to the same you have in "passthough device" in audio settings
I've tried that, but still no good...
Is it an issue with 44.1k audio (audio cd's use this and so do most mp3s ripped from audio cd) vs 48k audio (which many digital audio cards insist on).

Try forcing all audio to 48K. There is a setting you can put in advancedsettings.xml.

PS what is the purpose of the creative soundcard? It is probably complicating things.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Did you resolve this issue? I'm trying to decide if it's worth adding a Creative X-fi or asus xonar to the xbmcbuntu box, to get the sound nice and clear. When I used to run them in Windows, it made a good difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu audio issue0