watch content of XBMC add-ons on TV
Hello,

I'm new to XBMC (great program b.t.w.), so I hope my question isn't too silly:

I've installed XBMC on my windows xp machine. I use it to stream self-made videos to my LG Smart TV.
Yesterday I found the great Irish TV Plugin by Mossy (thanks!). What I'd like to know is: Is it possible to watch the streams (e.g. RTE live or the RTE player ones) on my TV. I know that XBMC can act as a upnp server, which works very well with the videos stored on my computer. In contrast, the internet streams I can watch with Irish TV on the Computer don't show up on the TV.

If it is not possible to stream Irish Tv streams directly to my LG Smart TV, is there a workaround? For example, can I make Irish TV show up in Plex as a channel? (Plex has an RTE player plugin that's even shown on my LG, but it cannot be started there).

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Cheers
It's not a silly question but my recommendation is using XBMC for it's real main purpose : A Media Center connected physically to the TV.

There are a gazillion options for cheap PCs so i suggest you build yourself an HTPC on the cheap and plug it to your TV's HDMI. You will be in heaven.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Thanks for the tip; I'll think about it.
Cheers
Thats what xbmc is made for to be displayed in a tv xbmc kicks smart tvs and other media players butttt.wish we had a tv box just for xbmc.
XBMC Fever..
Take a look at the hardware section of the forum. I have an acer revo connected to the TV which works a charm. Raspberry Pi's and the MK808 Android stick are good cheap alternatives too. (circa £40)
Thanks. Raspberry Pi looks like a good tip. Cheap and still quite performant.
Hello, I'm an old "voyeur" user, and XBMC lover since I discovered it a year ago (yeah, too late).
Yesterday I got my new LG Smart TV with wifi for the living room and start using it... but I discovered soon that old ways to watch contents from my HTPC (sharing folders) are not possible.
So I realized that I'll need to use Plex client on the TV and a Plex server in the HTPC (or an add-on)... I know that the best sollution is to buy a miniPC, Android stick, etc... but for me it's not worth, since I watch 95% of contents directly from the HTPC in its room (it's on 18h a day)... I want a way to access all its content from the TV, simple, one remote... what's the best way to do this? plex add-on?

Thanks!

(2013-02-07, 14:24)Fraenzken Wrote: Hello,

I'm new to XBMC (great program b.t.w.), so I hope my question isn't too silly:

I've installed XBMC on my windows xp machine. I use it to stream self-made videos to my LG Smart TV.
Yesterday I found the great Irish TV Plugin by Mossy (thanks!). What I'd like to know is: Is it possible to watch the streams (e.g. RTE live or the RTE player ones) on my TV. I know that XBMC can act as a upnp server, which works very well with the videos stored on my computer. In contrast, the internet streams I can watch with Irish TV on the Computer don't show up on the TV.
If you want to view plugin content, you can try Universal Media Server + Jumpy. I tried it, and was able to view the content, but couldn't get anything to play.(could have been set up wrong)
Stay away from raspberry pi if you can... I know it works fine, but it is far from ideal. Even a cheapo used PC is going to run much better. I got a 4 year old HP office PC from eBay for $80.
I use the Raspberry-Pi connected to my TV and have never had a problem streaming content using an ethernet cable rather than the wifi. I use Raspbmc on the Raspberry but have also used Open-Elec on an old Asus EEE-PC 701 and both are equally as good as each other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
watch content of XBMC add-ons on TV0