Stuttering video with external players when XBMC in fullscreen mode
I have read a lot now about the stuttering in this forum and tried all the settings anyone ever posted. I even tried a fresh and clean windows install with only the most necessary installs. So I can reduce it down to xbmc that causes the trouble. Maybe someone can explain me what the reasons are.

I'm running Eden. I have configured mpc (mkv) and tmt6 (iso) as external players for my video files. The PC has an onboard Nvidia Geforce 8200 with newest drivers and video and sound is transported to an AVR via HDMI. from there to the TV again via HDMI.
Normally Xbmc runs in fullscreenmode (as window, not true fullscreen). And here is the problem. The stuttering, which is a short framedrop every 2 to 3 secs, disappers as soon as I switch to window mode. This works for both external players. Mpc works better in Dircet3D Fullscreen mode than the normal fullscreen mode.
I have already tried true and false for hidexmbc in the playercorefactory.xml with no difference.

Maybe one of the techs can explain what the reason for that behaviour might be and what to do against it?

Thanks a lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering video with external players when XBMC in fullscreen mode0