Display 'Recently Added' items per category
hi,

as part of my entry to the logo contest, i designed a mockup skin which shows some features not (yet) in xbmc. it occurred to me that it might help to actually request the main one!

so how about doing something more useful with the main menu display than just showing static category images (nice as they are, especially in the hifi skin). i thought it would be a good opportunity to show 'recently added' files, dependent on the category currently highlighted.

with a bit of nice skin design, and some auto-fetched imdb images (or album art, or user defined images, etc.), this could look quite pretty (see mockup below).

i think it would be useful, especially for those of us who use xbmc in a shared environment. it also would keep the display 'fresh' and prevent us from getting too bored with our current skin!

what does anyone think?

cheers,
t
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
looks sweet. you plan to do a skin like this even if there will be no "recently added" feature in xbmc soon? :d
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
it would be even cooler if one could select the movie by going to it and clicking a key combo.
hullebulle: let's first see how the logo contest goes Smile (you should have had my entry zip a while back)

thebeast: yeah, that was kinda the idea. although it would require some sort of additional focus support in the xbmc interface (to move across to the other options), or as you say , shortcut combos.
it makes sense to do it only for big video encoded files, i think, as they are a bit more unusual when one finally has one :-)

but one could also hack the display of movies to do something else, like showing a link to ones favorite internet stream.

tamper: btw that's a really really nice skin. almost nice enough, that i'd replace retro... *drama*

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display 'Recently Added' items per category0