Installed xbmc on new Hard Drive, copied over the .xbmc/userdata - stopped working?
So I installed xbmc on a new SSD, logged into xbmcbuntu, copied over the .xbmc/userdata folder over,logged off xbmcbuntu and logged back into xbmc its all working great, but upon reboot = command line, and when I do startx it says initx: connection to X server lost....

What do I do and what in the userdata folder contains enough to break xbmc from loading??
It's possible your problem has nothing to do with any conflict/issues in your userdata directory. Try emptying out that userdata directory (erase or move contents temporarily to another location/drive) and rebooting to see if that's the case.
@kromix please do not cross-post, you made another thread about this issue. Please do as artrafael suggested. At very least delete/rename your guisetting.xml in the userdata folder, if the original is from a previous XBMC some settings may prevent XBMC from starting or crashing as it starts. Also .asoundrc /etc/asound.files also been know to crash XBMC or prevent it from starting.

If it persists read http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 and try again this time porting more useful information like debug.log stack trace etc.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installed xbmc on new Hard Drive, copied over the .xbmc/userdata - stopped working?0