Password Management?
I practice proper password hygiene. This means I have long and very random passwords.

I prefer keepassx to manage these passwords, but would entertain switching to some other service.

As one may imagine, long and random passwords, which includes special characters, can be incredibly tough to properly type into the XBMC interface.

My question is whether or not there are any tools in existence, or in the pipeline that would integrate with some password management application/service to make this easier for typing copying passwords for services such as Amazon/Hulu.

Does xbmc have some type of clipboard?

How easy or hard would it be to implement some sort of solution for this?
Side-step, but the android remote yatse has a on screen keyboard which may be easier Smile

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I do that, but this is still the scenario:

I open up my laptop with the keepassx database.

So I type that password on my laptop, with the touch keyboard on my android phone, into XBMC. It's still quite error prone.
Connect a full size USB keyboard to your XBMC system?
There is the passwords.xml file in the userdata directory but I'm not sure if that relates to add-ons at all or if its just for sources.
(2013-02-09, 17:29)gabbott Wrote: There is the passwords.xml file in the userdata directory but I'm not sure if that relates to add-ons at all or if its just for sources.

just for sources
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Password Management?0