Python bug with Window and WindowDialog
hello everybody...
i'm a bit confuse as i'm french and i'm really not sure that i will be able to explain correctly what's my problem... anyway, i'll give a try ...

home screen is displayed using a xbmcgui.window class
then i add a xbmcgui.windowdialog class as i need some transparency

at this point everything works. (we can say i've got 2 layers, the newest displayed over the oldest)

then i add a xbmcgui.window class... ouch!!!

i thought (as many other script i developped) this class will display over the last one.... but not at all !! this last xbmcgui.window class is displaying just under the previous xbmcgui.windowdialog class

another trouble and strange thing... i want then to launch the player with a video... and what do you believe it happens ??
if you think the video display over all that stuff you're wrong ! the video shows in the background and i have to completely exit the script to see my video showing in thumbnail view at the bottom left of screen...

it is so boring... i made several script using this... and now ! now ! now... this f***** python do it as he wants...
in fact it is not doing what it wants, but something is wrong somewhere... but what !!!!Huh?

i have ot say that if i declare all those class as xbmcgui.window class, every thing work like i want i.e last added class shows over the previous
not sure but are you using the function domodal() or show() to display your dialogs. i am not in the know but i would suspect that domodal is modal and therefore always on top where show may work differently.

otherwise i guess it would depend on what window is calling the window you want on top. if it is the bottom window does it work differently if it is opened from the dialog.

anyway thats my thoughts sorry for the brain dribble
thanks for your answer....

it is really hard for me to understand exactly how these 'window' work. i think this point could be explain by someone who knows python programming on xbmc very well...

maybe is it a bug... i can't really be sure !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python bug with Window and WindowDialog0