Xbmc video crash - Android Himedia Tvbox
Hi, My name is Dennis and I have been experiencing xbmc crashes after a while watching any video and Xbmc stops running. It shutts down.
I have a Himedia Q5 II Android 4.0.3
http://www.himediatech.com/article_19.html

I try watching the same videos without xbmc and it works fine. So, I'm pretty sure that it's not a Himedia issue or a video problem.

How can I solve this problem? Huh

Thanks
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Are these videos stored on a local disk/fileserver or are they streamed from the Internet? If it's the latter, which add-on(s) are you using to watch these videos? In either case, after such a crash, check your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log or xbmc.old.log) to see if there's any indication of what may have caused this condition.
(2013-10-25, 22:47)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Are these videos stored on a local disk/fileserver or are they streamed from the Internet? If it's the latter, which add-on(s) are you using to watch these videos? In either case, after such a crash, check your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log or xbmc.old.log) to see if there's any indication of what may have caused this condition.

Hi, thanks very much.
My videos are stored in an external hd.
I'm using Aeon Nox and Confluence skin.
Sorry but I don't know much about Xbmc. How can I check the debug log?
After it crashes there are no error messeges, it just shutts down and go back to the Himedia menu screen.

thanks so much for your help.
Click the debug log (wiki) link in this or my previous post.
(2013-10-29, 00:16)artrafael Wrote: Click the debug log (wiki) link in this or my previous post.

Hi, thanks for the link. I get the debug log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=76808
(2013-10-29, 19:55)deslimjim Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 00:16)artrafael Wrote: Click the debug log (wiki) link in this or my previous post.

Hi, thanks for the link. I get the debug log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=76808

Huh
Did it crash while the debug log was running?
(2013-11-06, 02:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Did it crash while the debug log was running?

Yes, It did crash when the debug was running. Undecided
Xbmc just shutts down.
See step 6 where it says "If XBMC crashes" on Log file/Easy (wiki)
(2013-11-07, 02:50)Ned Scott Wrote: See step 6 where it says "If XBMC crashes" on Log file/Easy (wiki)

The problem seems to have been arranged in version Nightly builds 08-Nov-2013 07:20.

If the problem appears again I post again.
Good to hear :)
Hi,
I have the same issue! I have tried EVERYTHING. XBMC still crashes continuously. Sometime 40min into a movie. Sometimes right after load. But for sure XBMC will crash. I have tried the Nightly Build suggested above. I have read all forums, viewed all YouTube videos and now I am at wits end. PLEASE help.

System:
HiMedia Q10-II 3D Full HD Android 4.2 Smart TV Box / 3D Media Player
Android version 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
dual-core CPU / 1GB RAM

Some movies are stored locally and most on my Network Drive

I use Yatse as the remote.

At the moment XBMC wont even stay open long enough to run the log file. Sad

Please help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc video crash - Android Himedia Tvbox0