Videos not loading while on VPN
Hi,

I jailbreaked my iPad and installed XBMC, looking awesome Smile My media and library are on my Synology DS213+ NAS and this is working great while I'm at home. The library is mysql and shared over 3 devices now (asrock ion, raspberry pi and the ipad) and the media is available over SMB shares (smb://<user>:<pass>@<host>/<folder>/), so far so good.

Now I'm at work and have my iPad logged in over VPN, XBMC is using the library so the MySQL connection is working fine but when I open a video it says the file is not longer available and asks me if I want to remove it. Also, thumbnails are not loading.

Just to be clear, other apps using my NAS as a source (DS Photo+, DS Audio) are working fine so it is something within XBMC not working when VPN is on. Its working flawless when I'm at home but not at work over VPN while this should not be different I guess.

So, I'm now wondering what logs I should open to see what XBMC is doing while loading the video... hopefully you can tell me Smile

edit: it seems XBMC just can't handle VPN for some reason.... found some more topic with the same issue but also one with a possible solution: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139958 will try this out.

edit2: xbmc wont load at all anymore.... just a black screen.
Anyone? Would like to be able to view my collection when I'm not at home using VPN...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos not loading while on VPN0