Non-custom HTPC around £100/$100
I currently have an ATV2 and find it ticks most of the boxes for running XBMC. However it's starting to play up and I'm worried it's going to die on me so I've been looking at alternatives, but I'm finding it hard to compare all the options and capabilities.

Is there a Wiki page or thread out there that does a good job of comparing the latest state of things?

Specifically I'm looking at off the shelf boxes capable of running XBMC for around or under £100/£100 and comparing their capabilities.

So far my list of options is:

ATV2
Raspberry Pi
Pivos Xios DS
Ouya
MK802
??

What I'd like to see is how they match up with these capabilities:

HDMI out
Ethernet (100/1000?)
Wifi (a/b/n/ac?)
Plays SD (DivX, XviD) (Hardware decoding?)
Plays 720p (H.264) (Hardware decoding?)
Plays 1080p (H.264) (Hardware decoding?)
Bitstream AC3/DTS
Bitstream HD-Audio
Plays 3D 1080p
Runs Aeon Nox Smoothly
??

From what I've seen so far some of the stuff above isn't supported yet, but may be coming? so a Wiki page would be great as it could be updated when new information is available. With all the threads I've read it's hard to know the current state of play.

Am happy to get a wiki page started. Where would be a good place to put it?

Thanks
you seem to ask a lot for the little money you want to spend... Out of them I'd think I get the Xios, but I doubt it can do 1080p 3D and HD audio.
Sorry, I wasn't implying I wanted it to have all those features. Just wanted to be able to track what they are currently capable of. Especially over time as hardware performance improves.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non-custom HTPC around £100/$1000