XBMC Server Mode (Folder Monitoring Only) - Non-uPnP
Hi There,

I have been doing a lot of research and sorry if I missed another post asking same questions.

I have been using My Movies for Windows Media Center for many years and it works pretty good but still limited to M$ Slowdowns and codec issues and ect with Win 7.

So I was exploring XBMC as a replacement. What I currently have is several HTPC in the house that run Client End GUI and then there is a Server Management Console using for adding to the library and folder monitoring (Done on a Dedicated File Server).

I am looking for something the same for XBMC. I am NOT doing uPnP Streaming or such. I am just playing the media files from my dedicated File Server over my LAN. I setup XBMC to use the mySQL Server and that is working good for the clients (To Maintain a unified single library collection). My main problem is my main form of access to my file server (Server 2008 R2 ) is by RDP on a VERY regular basis. I found the information for XBMC to run in a small window so at least it will open but it is insanely choppy, slow and hard to work with.

I am hoping there is a non-GUI or console mode available for XBMC so I can let it run with an auto-library update so the SQL Database is kept up to date from the server side and then the clients are not required to ever update the library or handle the day-to-day collection/library management.

I would appreciate any help that you can provide. This is all Windows Based Environments also with no option for Linux as the server is used for several other purposes also.
There is nothing like that for XBMC that I am aware of. Perhaps look at Plex, its based on XBMC but has the functionality you want of a separate library/database. Its not as good or as stable as XBMC I found and stil does not do HD audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Server Mode (Folder Monitoring Only) - Non-uPnP0