Bug xbmc crash when viewing channel with bad signal
Hi,

xbmc crashes when I try viewing a channel that has bad reception. I know I should set it up correctly (with tvheadend monitoring signal quality), however xbmc shouldn't crash.

xbmc log here : http://pastebin.ca/2311954
Seems for me tvheadend also crashes
Nope, it doesn't. Can trigger a crash also by quickly switching channels. Still only happens at random.
Hi,

if you search the forum you'll find that this was reported several times (and there were some - now closed, since this "wasn't reproducible" ;-) - tickets in Git) .. I'm using Eden and I have the same problems; but now Frodo is under active development, so I hope that this is cleared .. I couldn't see, which version of XBMC do you use ..

At least I can confirm this bug for Eden and - you're right - it's an XBMC bug; tvheadend is not affected .. xbmc seems to have (in Eden) a problem if a stream is broken, independently if the stream is provided by tv backend or from another source - I get the behaviour often too if a do a fast forward >x8 with hd material ..

But now my wife learned how to kill a process on console :-)

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Same here, i'm running Frodo. It is definitely xbmc bug.
Sorry, forgot to mention it, I am using Frodo under Gentoo.
Quote:But now my wife learned how to kill a process on console :-)
Yeah, I start xbmc through a script, which now monitors whether it is running, and restarts it if necessary. Couldn't educate anyone on how to do it... Apart from this, Frodo is awesome.
Is this post related ?
XBMC crash on Android while playing specific streams
Same issue here, I can also crash it browsing the EPG as well, with debugging turned on it shows that CPU usage hits 335% (Quad core CPU) with only EPG on screen. After posting the debug/crash files Opdenkamp said it was the Video card drivers (AMD HD6700) causing the crash for the EPG problem wonder if its connected somehow?? I must admit its starting get a little annoying. Esp when it crashs FF a recorded TV prog
i'll need crashlogs: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...bug_report
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-02-23, 02:21)the_mouse Wrote: Same issue here ... After posting the debug/crash files Opdenkamp said it was the Video card drivers (AMD HD6700) causing the crash ...

Same problems with NVidia's proprietary drivers, nouveau and intel hd graphics ...

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
btw. tried with frodo a HD livetv stream via 11b/g WLAN (with max of 54 MBits) - it simulates a bad signal very accurate Laugh
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Just adding a me too on this.

$ xbmc --version
XBMC Media Center 14.0-ALPHA1 Git:dacb585
Copyright © 2005-2013 Team XBMC - http://xbmc.org

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc crash when viewing channel with bad signal0