Win 24p stuttering from beginning (unwatchable), Newbie needs help.
Hi guys,

i love XBMC but i am having a strange problem right now. I have always watched my blurays in 24hz via my Panasonic Bluray-Player. Now that i have them ripped on my hdd i play them with XBMC. I wanted to get rid of the pulldown stutter so i set the playback settings to "adjust display refresh rate to match video". Now XBMC plays 50hz vids as 50hz, 60hz as 60hz wich work very well for both. Unfortunately that does not work for any kind of 24hz material. The playback ist stuttering pretty much right from the beginning, it is totally unwatchableSad
If i turn off the adjust refresh rate option it plays every kind of video pretty much flawlessly in 60hz but i have that pulldown thingy.

So is there a fix for that problem? I have my PC connected via HDMI to my Amp (the same way i had my bluray player connected) I also tried to set the refresh rate in my graphics card settings to 24hz but that did not show any improvement.

Using XBMC Frodo with Aeon Nox

Best regards
Toby

I have this issue as well. It has been around for several months. It is definitely hardware specific as my intel and nvidia-ion machines do not do this -- only my AMD e-350 fusion system does. The picture seems to "shake" in a bizarre sort of manner. It only results when using the 'adjust refresh rate to match' setting on 24hz material. I was never able to find a solution and I was hoping that I could "wait it out" for a few months and it would have been resolved, but it appears from your post that this is not the case. I even switched from Windows 7 to the linux version, but this issue is present in the linux builds of XBMC as well. Sorry I couldn't provide you with a fix, but you're not the only one that has this issue. Very annoying. I'm going to try the xvba version of XBMC and see if that resolves the issue.

I found a video of this exact issue on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWrZb5juG-Y
Well, I switched to using Openelec with the xvba support built in. Now, 1080p @ 24hz works flawlessly! I am assuming you are running Windows as you posted this in the Windows support forum, but if all you want is dedicated media machine, you may want to look into Openelec or wsnipex's xvba builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
24p stuttering from beginning (unwatchable), Newbie needs help.0