Network not connected during boot
i just switched version of xbmc, from a may 05 build to a newer build from sept 05. i have music randomly playing when i boot. the music is stored on a remote network. if the network is down ( my computer is not on ) the newer version brings up the keyboard for me to enter a username and password for the network share. i have to cancel it 3 times before it stops asking me. the older version didn't seem to care if the network wasn't there. is this configurable? any ideas, other than keeping my pc on? :p
i just upgraded to a newer version (sept 14 05, or so), and the problem is getting worse. if my computer is not on (the smb server) i cannot do anything. the keyboard comes up and continually asks me for my user/pass, and now it doesn't stop asking after 3 or 4 failed attemps. it continually asks until i go turn it on. is there a way to determine of the local network is there and abort if it is not present?
i decided to edit the autoexec.py and test to see if the network path exists before i execute the the autoplay.py.  however, since my music is on an smb path, i am having problems finding the correct syntax of the smb share in python. this is what i'm trying to do:

import os
if (os.path.exists('smb://workstation_name/music')):
   xbmc.executescript(q:/scripts/autoplay.py)

i've also tried smb://workgroup;user:pass@workstation_name/music

this did not work either.  any thoughts?

this code when added to the autoexec.py will conditionally execute the autoplay.py. edit the ip address to the machine in question. 5678 is just a random port to try and connect to.

import socket
s = socket.socket(socket.af_inet,socket.sock_dgram)
try:
s.connect(('100.200.3.101',5678))
s.close()
xbmc.executescript('q:\\scripts\\autoplay.py')
except:
pass

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network not connected during boot0