Troubles installing Frodo with unmet dependencies
Hi there,

I'm having troubles installing Frodo (didn't have any troubles with Eden) on ubuntu desktop using apt-get.

I have followed the wiki but seem to be getting unmet dependencies. Specifically:

xbmc : Depends: xbmc-bin (>= 2:12.0~git20130128.1315-frodo-0precise) but 2:11.0+16+201207280746~precise1 is to be installed

I then get a bunch of:

Recommends: xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth but it is not installable

For each pvr module. And then finally, Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Anyone I have found with a similar problem has fixed it by added the correct ppa, but I used the one given in the wiki (team-xbmc) which worked when installed Eden, so I am not sure why it is now not working for Frodo.

If anyone can let me know where I am going wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin

then try again.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have tried removing and reinstalling, also tried removing the ppa and readding (then reinstalling), no luck there.
apt-cache policy xbmc
apt-cache policy xbmc-bin
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Should work just fine.

Fix broken packages, then remove xbmc , update cache, set upgrade flag to apt, install upgraded xbmc packages.

Code:
sudo apt-get install -f
dpkg-reconfigure -a
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin

Recommends matter zero

uNi
(2013-02-10, 07:36)nickr Wrote: apt-cache policy xbmc
apt-cache policy xbmc-bin

This helped me determine xbmc-bin was actually being installed from a seperate ppa which contained a ported version of xbmc-bin for arm processors. I did read on the wiki that xbmc supports arm so is this necessary?

Does anyone know a way I can force apt-get to use a specific ppa? Or would I just need to comment out the other sources in the sources files?
if you are on x86, then remove the arm repo, it should definitely not be there
I'm actually using an arm processor on the Odroid U2. It recently had graphics drivers ported over and works pretty well with Eden. It's just updating that to Frodo seems to be the pain.
well, wherever you get Xbmc from, its not an official team xbmc build. Our linux PPA only holds x86
Ahh, ok I didn't know that, thanks!
(2013-02-10, 23:48)rbOthree Wrote: I'm actually using an arm processor on the Odroid U2. It recently had graphics drivers ported over and works pretty well with Eden. It's just updating that to Frodo seems to be the pain.

Hi, can you send me also via pm informations about Odroid U2 and XBMC with hardware acceleration and graphic drivers?
Thank you!!!

I'm intrested to buy this fantastic device for my bedroom!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Troubles installing Frodo with unmet dependencies0