Repositories for addon's don't work
I just installed xbmc on a Windows 7 machine. When i go to "addon's" it will not show anything. So i went to the list of repositories and added a few and those seem to work, they appear to be mostly video streaming stuff. But as far as getting Skins or anything like that, it's just blank.
All settings are default.

any help?

Also, while i'm here, my arcade joystick doesn't seem to function, i wanted to use it to open emulators. is it xinput only or does it work with directinput as well? It's a plug n play type and doesnt have drivers for it.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Did you select "Get add-ons"? After that, did you see add-on categories? And within each category, did you see add-ons listed? If not, try the following: System/Settings > Add-ons > Get add-ons > highlight the repository and open its context menu ("c" on keyboard or right mouse click), then select "Force refresh".
Yes, i have used XBMC several times in the past. After i select "Get add-ons" it's blank, no categories.
Like i said before, with some of the repositories i manually added, i see Video and music categories and can select those just fine.
Force refresh also does nothing to show anything.

It seems to be those 2 particular xbmc.org repositories are not obtaining anything. Everything else works fine...other than lack of joystick usb support, which is something else i need to have working. My 360 xbox controller works fine with it, but it's not what i'll be using.
Well if no one can help, i'll use something else, can anyone recommend something most similar to xbmc?
Read the posted rules, the stickes on how to properly post a problem, and have a little patience (you've given the post just a little more than 12 hours) or you are more than welcome to go look elsewhere to get recommendations for an alternative.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Repositories for addon's don't work0