Can you add media sources from an external drive connected to another computer?
Hi guys,

I have a very simple question.

Say I have an external drive plugged into my computer all the time in my room and all the media files are stored in my external drive.
In addition, I have set up a TV and an android-based HTPC in the lounge room.
And on both PCs, XBMC has been installed.

Is it possible to add media sources from an external drive connected to my computer in my room on my android HTPC?

It's like using this external drive as a NAS machine and let both PCs share files off my external drive. I'm wondering if this is possible? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance,
Yes, simply share the directory via some networking protocol (eg nfs, samba etc) and add the share as a media source on the other machine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is it a windows installation? You could map the drive and enable upnp on that XBMC instance. Your other XBMC instance will find its library as an upnp source. That's how I did it, at least. There may be a better, android-specific, solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can you add media sources from an external drive connected to another computer?0