great work anyway...
I've got the latest (10.9) app from the google app store.
I know, there are changes in the interface between Eden and Frodo, however since Frodo is not stable
and has playback issues, I assume, there will be a long time Eden needs parallel support too.
cannot see TV shows any more (script error)
cannot download banner / poster for TV shows
Actors are not recognized any more.
Download Series / Episodes Posters lead to Error
Actors DB is not searched (no actors)
New stuff (Live-TV, Recordings) not supported yet
weather not supported yet
Remote needs some rework (some more buttons)
Shutdown button should show up system shutdown pop-up menu to choose the right option (exit, sutdown, timer, custom commands etc...)
Well I know, it is more XBMC dev related, but:
- there should be a road-map for development, interfaces should be stable.
- when new options / extensions are necessary, legacy interfaces should be maintained for compatibility instead of changing them
- if someone changes everything (bad idea), programs need to check the version and adopt to old / new interface accordingly.
I hope you can build a workaround to support both versions Eden and Frodo, since they will coexist for a long time,
many users do not need a bloated stuttering system - especially if they use low-power tiny devices like raspbery pi,
Atom or E350 AMD APU systems where Eden runs great and Frodo fails on HD content.
BUG xbmc remote Eden / Frodo issues
Joined: Nov 2011
2013-02-10 17:00 Post: #1
Joined: Nov 2012
2013-02-15 22:31 Post: #2
Also several bugs with playing music from the Android remote in Frodo
- Whenever you que a song in a playlist, the playlist restarts.
- App often says 'Error cannot play", and song starts anyways.
- Whatever song you try to play from an album, the #1 track will be played.
Joined: Jun 2009
2013-02-16 00:27 Post: #3
The official 1.0.9 was a very quick hack to support Frodo but I'm guessing Freezy is more on working on the next gen version than upgrading this old thing
In the meanwhile you may want to try alternatives like Yatse that should fulfill you needs
Yatse 2 : Media Center Remote Control for Touch Screens
Yatse, the Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android
Joined: May 2010
2013-05-13 15:06 Post: #4
Yes the problem with the no.1 track playing is very annoying! Any idea when this will be resolved?