Keyboard Mapping Problem
I'm trying to learn how to do custom mapping for my keyboard and I seem to be having a problem. I've read other posts in these forums and the wikis on it and I'm still running into some kind of problem. What I'm trying to do is to have Alt-5 run the updatelibrary action. Here's what my keymap looks like:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<5 mod="alt">UpdateLibrary(video)</5>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Using this, Alt-5 appears to do nothing. I've tried adding videos to my NAS then pressing Alt-5 and the new videos are not being updated into XBMC. I've tried using the KeyMapEdit applet after updating my keymap for above and it gives me an error message with a summary sayng "Line 4, column 40: Error reading end tag"

If I'm to take that column 40 means the 40th character, then it is having problems reading the "</5>" part of the 4th line. If so, is there something I'm doing wrong with that? The wiki seems to say that I only needed to put a 5 in the end tag and not include any mods.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might have. I've been trying to get this figured out for the last couple hours and only ended up posting this here as a last resort (I'm a "like to figure it out myself" type of guy).

GLR
The number keys need to be expressed as words, not numerics:
Code:
<five mod="alt">UpdateLibrary(video)</five>

To find out how a key press is recognized by XBMC, you can enable debug log (wiki)ging, press the key several times and look in the log to see the key name associated with those key presses.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the help and I hadn't though about the debug log, but I should have as I just had to use it for another issue I was having.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard Mapping Problem0